1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Puncture Repair Cost

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soundar, Jul 26, 2010.

1. I have a lovely white Punto, parked in such a way that, I can admire it from my office window. It is my first car. Day before yesterday, I had my first car-tire-puncture. With some difficulties, I managed to replace the flat tire with the spare one. Today, I repaired the puncture in a tire shop close to my office. The tire has taken 2 huge nails. The tire is repaired in 10 minutes. The guy charged me Rs. 300 (Rs. 150 per puncture).

My question is: is it the normal cost for the tubeless puncture repair? Or, am I fooled?
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

It's around 100-150 depends on the shop. But for two punctures he should have charged little less. However, it again depends on the shop owner.
  3. Thank you. Happy to know that I am not fooled. :)
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

2-3 puncture repairs at 1 time can demand a round up deal rather than pay 150 per repair..

next time try hitting a deal if you got 2 or more puncture.

Or else you can buy the puncture repair kit that they have....!! Try enquiring at any auto spare parts shop..
  5. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    It costs 50/- for each puncture repair out here in Noida. Though, I did not have a single puncture till now.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I got my Linea's front left tyre punctured yday early morning. When I drove out I realised that left side is lower & tilting & there is distinct sound at potholes. The tyre was fully flat. Got it puncturered. Cost - Rs. 150/-
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the next day of Lonavala meet i had a flat tyre... Luckly it was at my house.. Managed to get the tyre guy at my place to fix the tyre.. Got 4 punctures but none of them were nails.. It were metal components which caused this.. He was demanding 500buks for fixing it but finally had to give him abt 300bucks to fix it..

They normally charge from 100-150 per puncture.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Strange coincidence. I also got my Linea's tyre punctured on the next (or next to next) day of the Lonavala meet.
  9. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Where did you 2 head off to huh???
    some different route??
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    no man it was just a co-incident i guess.. Infact this happens with me normally.. Whenever i check for a puncture i normally find more than one usually... Something Weird... Neways its fixed now i make it a point to check the air pressure now on every fuel topup...