1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pun-toured : The Beautiful Western Ghats

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nibedk, Oct 20, 2014.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Too (2) awesome !!!!, both the car and the locations. Magic amalgamation of the beauty and the background in all the pics . Excellent write up and a great effort to dish out this pic touristic thread. Kindly share the expenses as well if you still remember ( I know its about 6 months), and when is the next trip coming up .
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM . Total expenses was 17 K. 9K for diesel and 1.6 K for toll. I got a FE of 17 for the whole trip and a more sedate style of driving would obviously give a mileage in excess of 21 with both NH7 and NH48 being awesome.

Around 4K for lodging. Due to unavailability of rooms during that time we had to book a economy hotel and a non AC room as well as that was the only option left. You can double that amount if you stay at Thangaali or similar homestays.
    Besides we skipped the trekking and nature camp as well. Rest all was on fooding and miscellaneous.

With a budget of around 20 -25 K one can have a good 3-4 days trip. If willing to go for budget hotels 17-20 K is a good amount.
    Depends on what you are looking for. I would advice to skip budget hotels if travelling with family.

I have had 5 trips already including Kudremukh. I have already been to Bhubaneswar and Pondicherry with both them being > 2.5 K kms trip. Besides we have been to Shrisailam and Nagarjuna Sagar which were single day trips.

I am already writing the travelogues for Bhubaneswar and Pondicherry and would soon be putting them on TFI.

Next trip should be to either to Kodai or Ooty before the summer season ends. Besides we plan to have a tour of the temple cities of TN by end of year. Lets see how it pans out.
    punto_emotion, dhinas and PradeepM like this.
  3. Kiran_Borra

Kiran_Borra Novizio

Hyderabad
    Excellent Travelogue Nibed :)
    Thanks for sharing the experience along with the amazing pictures...

All your "mis"-Adventures reminds me of my Wayanad trip last year along with my 3yrs and <1yr kid ;)

I was considering Kudremukh visit this year once the monsoons start and this travelogue has helped me a lot..
    Once again thanks for sharing :)
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Kiran_Borra Thanks mate. Make sure you start very early and cross Bangalore before lunch time. With kids around maintaining good speeds may not be easy. You should plan to be @ Hassan by 4 PM.
    Kiran_Borra likes this.