1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PUN-TOURED: THE BEAUTIFUL WESTERN GHATS REVISTED

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nibedk, Feb 15, 2016.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    :happy::D Thanks @ Ravi_M.

My previously compiled travelogues will give you route maps for a few more destinations in South India and should help you

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/pun-toured-tour-de-pondy.14206/
    And
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/pun-toured-the-beautiful-western-ghats.13197/

One is a Pondicherry trip and the other one again to Western Ghats Kuderemukh, Horanadu, Sringeri and Agumbe.

Western Ghats covers all TN, Kerala, Karnataka and Maharastra as well. May exquisite destiniation in the Western Ghats.

Your suggestion is great. I plan to cover all of South India and then plan for North India. Some collection would be great.

The best way would be to start a thread and ask folks to provide links to their travelogues anywhere on the net. We can use that as a repository and as more and more folks provide inputs we will have a big list of links telling us about all places folks have visited.
    Ravi and Ravi_M like this.
  2. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well Niedk that was a great write with fantastic snaps.
    One small correction in your observation though.
    The monsoon in TN is active between third week of OCT to probably third week of NOV.
    So a lot risk if you choose those days.
    But since the proximity to Kerala is very close Valpari gets decent rains in Jun to Sep as well unlike rest of TN.
    So for a Sep 2nd week to OCT 2nd week and post NoV 3rs week are great time to experience post monsoon ambiance....
    nibedk likes this.
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Mabams1826. Thanks mate for the correction. Obviously being a localite you would know better. In Kudremukh we just had travel in Oct 2014 and monsson had just ended. There were few light showers though. Thats why I mentioned Oct. What I actually meant was after monsoons. So may be we need to figure out first based on the destination and decide when to travel

@ Ravi_M I hope the inputs from @ Mabams1826 are helpful to you.
  4. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi no probs, in fact I had been to Kudurimukh way back in Dec 2009 and that was a fantastic trip, its was in my 3 months old Indica Vista and our daughter was just 5 months old.
    We had gone from Erode- Udupi- Sringeri- Horanadu- Beluru/ Hallibed - Mysore - Erode.
    Total 7 days and around 1500 km only. From Udupi- we had even gone to Murudeswar for a day and came back.
    In general when it rains in whole of India its a pleasant sunshine in entire TN jun- Oct and quite heavy rains mostly with cyclonic in nature during Oct and Nov.
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @nibedk Its simply marvellous mate. I barged into this thread pretty late. Frankly speaking I would be literally waiting to see through your travelogues, as it contains loads of information with beautiful snaps. I love it a lot!! Nice write up mate...

Coming back to your marathon rides I have some serious question to pose you with. It may sound weird though but out of curiosity am asking!! I'm quite refrained from doing long rides more than 300+ in my Evo on a single stretch as it gives me sore knee at the end of the ride. I haven't quite figured it out why. But I'm damn sure its issue with ergonomics but after all possible position still I'm yet to find a comfortable one. Haven't you faced something in your Punto too? Coz I don't know how was the ergonomics on the older one. On one of my recent official outing I traveled 1075 kms in 15 hrs but the aftermath was very painful. I would be really happy enough if you can share some tips over there though I think it all depends on personal comfort still out of curiosity I would like to know..:)

P.S. Your daughter & Taurus both are quite a posers...he's handsome n she's cute!! ;)
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kishorekrs. Thanks mate for reading through. Feels nice when someone appreciates for all the effort one has put in. I have this habit of penning down all my travel details since I was a kid. We have been travelling by roads since the 1990's in Maruti 800, Swift and now Punto. Have been to places outside India as well and have done loads of road trips. Just that we didn't have internet back then nor were camera rolls any cheap. Now that internet is easily accesssible and with the invent of digicams life is a lot more easier. So since getting my Fiat I have been writing travelogues and writing on TBHP and TFI pretty frequently. It acts as a stress buster for me and I get to know like minded folks. Ownership report is on the way as well though my car would be completing two years few months down the line. Travelling and photography is what helps me unwind and take a break from our mundane lives. With a willing partner its all more joy ful.

Coming to your query on doing long journeys on Fiat let me tell you that I have driven a lot of cars especially when I was in US. I found Dodges and Fiats to be the best as far as long distance travel is concerned. It was only after I drove Fiat 500 and Dodge Charger that I got addicted to cars with good dynamics.

Ergonomics ... you are spot on mate. There just isn't something right about Fiats. Both Evo and old Punto are same and there has been no change on that front. But doing long distances and getting tired is something which I have never felt. I have done 1K multiple times and attended office the very next day with only 6 hours sleep. No pain or any tiredness at all. Let me tell you that i had a left knee surgery and a had a back injury due to an accident. And on top of that the older Punto has a harder clutch with long travel. But I have no issues. My left knee usually gets numb after long hours of driving irrespective of the car but as soon as there is proper blood circulation once I start walking the numbness goes away in 5-10 mins.

Me,my wife both drive the car and my father uses the car as well. I never ever get that perfect postion in the first try and change the settings often while setaing but once set I have never had any issues even for 1 K single day drives. My father who is touching 65 now, neither my wife or kid has ever complained of pain or tiredness ever.

We all do some form of physical activity on a daily basis though. Try some other car for long distance and see if you have the issue. But I am pretty sure that Fiats makes some of the best driver cars and is way ahead of others as far as ride and handling is concerned. May be you have not found the perfect psotion yet.
    Ravi_M and kishorekrs like this.
  7. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hey you are quite lucky to have driven chargers!! They are masculine and real stunner. Awesome buddy!!

On the ergonomics front yes as you said it is quite difficult to find right position. Every time i make a drive i keep changing my position. Before this I had VW Polo and it offered tremendous comfort on riding position. I had done lot of long trip in that. In fact my job demands lot of travelling. So I've driven extensively in both the cars. But a point to make over here is that after long journey there won't be any tiresome only that knee problems. But you are true inspiration mate. Feel sorry for the incidents you have come across but it is really great of you & the enthusiasm in you is something much admirable. Thanks for your advise though. Its been 14k now on the odo but I'm still yet to find the best riding position. Nevertheless as you said Fiats are pleasurable to drive its in fact an addiction. Cheers mate
    Ravi_M likes this.