1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pun to warranty 3 + 2 or 2 +2 years?

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by vijai, Jan 2, 2015.

1. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all,

Today I took my car to CAI Coimbatore as it was showing glow bulb warning message? It was 2012 june car and I was in impression it is still under warranty. But SA said 2 years original warranty expired and now it is in extended warranty. Fiat gives 2+2 or 3+2? Pls advise.
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    It's 3 + 2. I believe the warranty manual has all the details. Please have a look at it. Also call up Fiat India customer care and confirm the same.
  3. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Vishi. I should have noted when taking delivery. Can it be changed now? Its almost 2.5 years now.
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Attaching Punto Brochure. The brochure itself mentions as three years warranty. The dealer is trying to manipulate here.

Attached Files:

5. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Vishi. Will call up fiat cutomer care tomorrow and check whether it can be changed.
  6. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    By default you get 3 Years warranty from fiat. The additional 2 years is extended warranty which you can take it and it's optional. So the dealer has no rights to say that it's only 2+2 years warranty.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Fiat started giving 3+2 warranty in 2013 and this applied for all vehicles sold in 2013 even if they were 2012 manufactured. Since your's was a 2012 registered car, Fiat would have given only 2+2 yrs as warranty coz Fiat had that scheme during your car purchase. Now you cant change the warranty, you will have only 2 yrs of extended warranty. Hope this clears.

Just check the warranty certificate in your booklet for details.
    Dilip patel likes this.
  8. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks ghodlur. I just went through the warrantly manual today which I should have done at the time of purchase, it indeed mentioned as 2 + 2 only.
  9. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    But glow plugs are covered in extended warranty
    Dilip patel likes this.
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    IIRC its from April 2013 that Fiat started giving 3 year warranty after the JV with Tata was stopped. They introduced the facelifted model also during that time (the one with gun metal alloys, HU remote etc). The old stock cars which are sold after April 2013 should also get 3+2 year warranty.