1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pulsar 220 DTS FI

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by amolmane, Nov 9, 2010.

1. abhifusion

abhifusion

Pune
    Thanks man ! I wasn't able to figure that out and other forums were not of much use... Can I rejoin it ?? I'm planning to strip the bike off and rebuild it part by part because I'll be changing wiring harness by myself...

By any chance, do you have workshop service manual for the FI ??
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No unfortunately I doesn't have service manual of 220 Fi.

But you can get service manual of Pulsar 180 UG -III available on xbhp.com

About Service manual I had written letter to Service department of Bajaj Auto Ltd Pune.

But no response from them. So I called them & asked about service dept.

One engineer did not respond properly on phone call also.
    He told rudely that if I have any problem about bike I can visit to PBK workshop.

I inquired about Service Manual of 220 Fi. He denied to supply service manual.
    I justified my need about service manual due to PBK workshop is 110 km away from my hometown.
    Still he denied to supply manual.
    I told him that I & my family are loyal customers of Bajaj Since 1985. 2 Scooters & 3 Pulsars.
    Still he behaved rudely.

IMO management of Bajaj Auto has been collapsed due to Mr.Rajiv Bajaj's wrong policy
    Many old sales & service dealers have started to surrender dealership due to exploitation by BAL.
  3. abhifusion

abhifusion

Pune
    True. Here too the Service centers main aim is to milk the customer first and fix the bike later... Company owned and managed SVCs would habe been better, these privately owned svcs dont give rats rear to the customer satisfaction or the service quality ...

OTH I rejoined the pipe and malfunction indicator no longer lights on ::T ...

I'm thinking to sell it off, how much do you think 2007 mfg 46k kms run Fi should go for ?? I am being offered 25k-30k which is too less !!
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Resale of bajaj bike is same as low resale of fiat cars.

People pays 35-45 k for Honda bike abused for 10 year but never pay for well maintained bajaj bike.

In fact technically bajaj pulsar is very much ahead than other power bikes still people refuse to pay proper resale value.

Hero Honda has fooled Indians by doing only cosmetic changes.
    While Bajaj has introduced always new upgraded featured bikes.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. abhifusion

abhifusion

Pune
    Hmm, I might just wont sell it then ...
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You should see the class or segment.

Have you checked the resale value of Honda Cbr250 ?-Pathetic.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    PBK guy at Aurangabad had done some malpractice.I had changed C plates at PBK. But after that clutch became hard.So replaced clutch plates. Now clutch is positive & super slick gearshift.Going to replace front & rear brakes to 'Bybre'.Old KBX brake caliperes has many problems.
  8. venka

venka BANNED

At Least Bajaj Pulsar 150cc was never ahead of Unicorn in power ( 0-60, 5 Secs )till now , I can observe and feel the gear changing in Pulsar with " Cut " sound . Where as in 150CC unicorn gear shift was butter smooth even after it has run for 6 years in a row with 55k km on odo.

Bajaj pulsar is one bike which has seen Most changes in model from the day it has in market One more ex is Mahindra Scorpio.

It shows the correction of its mistakes or faults in new version .

I agree CBR 250 resale value is pathetic and not value for money bike
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes many Pulsar owners do complain about gear shift quality.I will send PM about secret of smooth gearshift of Pulsar.IMO about correction of mistake in next model are not big issue. Small issues.People who bash bajaj make huge issue There were issues in fiat cars also. Still we love FIAT. Isn't it?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Please share the secret with us also :)