1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pulling Problem with Brand New Fiat New Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Taurus7, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, bottom line of this thread is that Fiat is at fault as problem was diagnosed by the OP at PDI. Still, to be frank, the dealer's PDI man, Nikhil who done PDI of Taurus 7's car is a moron, he should have reported the problem to fiats & customer.
    I remember ,h e lost my keys ( car key, keys of the cross bars) a day prior to delivery. I am yet to receive the keys of the cross bars. Most of the good employees from SKY MOTO have left their jobs, and joined Jay Vijay Fiat Pune which started 6 months back and only morons are left behind. After new keys were sent by fiat the SKY MOTO morons were not even in able to decode the key and feed the code to the ECU of my car, next day Fiat sent their engineer to accomplish the task.

I had warned and referred the OP to my thread about sky moto experience before booking the car.I & IIRC, probably fellow TFIAN @acechip also had asked him to book eighther at Pandit or Jay Vijay. But SKY MOTO offered him some 20 k extra discount hence he booked the car with them. Later on Pandits & Jay Vijay also offered him same discount but by the time advance was paid.
    After I came to know that car is booked with Sky moto, I had told him to do thorough PDI irrespective of the name of the dealership. which he did but didn't posted it on TFI,otherwise I am sure TFI wouldn't have allowed him to proceed further with the buying process.

Only solution now is that fiat should expedite the things fast. Pune being 50 km from their factory at Ranjangaon, it should not be a problem. IMO, this trial and hit method should be abandoned, as enough of time is spent on it and they should replace steering column, axle & suspensions & alloys and tires in one go, else replace the car and relieve the customer. Unless they remove and visually check all these components, solution is going to take lot of time.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Taurus7, I have PMed you some mail IDs of Fiat where you can escalate the matter. All the best.
  3. Taurus7

Taurus7 Novizio

Kartnataka
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Saket
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

There may be a problem with the steering rod mount ? Did you check that ?Whatever be the end result, in future, dont go anywhere near Sky Moto. Insist on transferring your service records to Pandit at Bavdhan. Its ironical that Fiat Linea , which has arguably the best ride/handling balance amongst the cars in its class, should have a bad copy in your hands in exactly that department. BTW, I dont know your Fiat experience , but when you do get your car back in shape, dont be alarmed if the steering starts to 'self correct' on irregular patches of the road. It is not a typical fingertouch smooth steering, in fact it will give you direct feedback of the road condition "hands on". It is a characteristic of the car, and not an issue. Just beware. And there are number of such quirks. Not everything that you feel unusual in a typical Fiat, is a problem. You will discover..;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Taurus7

Taurus7 Novizio

Kartnataka
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Everyone,

No reply from Fiat / Sky Moto today, they have done nothing today as well.

Thanks for help and support that Team Fiat is giving me time to time.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to hear about your ride Taurus,
    So what FIAT engineer have done? Has he sent any day end report to FIAL or the dealer about till date carried test ? Or was there for free lunch. It was good that altleast from there research they found that there is no mechanical fault ,if they can't conclude this ,then question should arose what they did for so many days.

They should have started now diagnose with steering column and its related ancillaries as per below attached pic.
    Man doing all this on a new car its really not acceptable, this is for sure its a defective piece . You should start raising your voice , I would say don't accept the car now. Leave it at front gate of Ranjangaon factory.

2015-06-07_07-51-19.jpg
    Deepak likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    This is not fair, Fiat should bother to inform daily progress of the work to the owner, after all he has plonked a million bucks in their product.
    During normal servicings, they keep on informing every now and then, so why not in case of this car.
  8. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Taurus7 - just make sure you have a plan B to expedite things. I would suggest get in touch with the local branch of Times of India / Pune Mirror and apprise them of the problem.

A front page coverage on SkyMoto and probably FIAT would get the ball rolling. Sounds a bit radical, but then sometimes you need to bite the bullet...no choice.
    Tornado likes this.
  9. Taurus7

Taurus7 Novizio

Kartnataka
    Linea 1.3
    good afternoon!
    working on informing media and article in newspaper, will fiat people support me to have a demonstration meet in Pune / Mumbai to give a wake up call to Fiat to maintain the quality that they dish out in accordance to European standard? I have suffered the technical team's working here , they have made a second hand car out of the brand new one in 10 days time! We are educated class and can still make our voice heard and understand what is wrong with the car but imagine if someone is a first time buyer??
    Let's make our presence felt by Fiat... What say Team Fiat?
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Be ready with the infotainment article but do not publish it right now as it might make the things much worse. Speak with the factory directly by passing the service guys and alot them a time frame and tell them about the consequences after that. If still they do not move then first go to consumer readressal forum and then go on with the media and other methods.

If you are suffering and you are having nightmares then think of such methods that can bring nightmares to those people responsible but do not panic at any time.
    I can't understand why they are not able to resolve the issue.
    Tell their team to talk to you directly and settle the matter in 1 meeting.
    Make them agree on 1 point
    Time allocation and after that a new replacement or money refund.
    That would be a final deal.