1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pulling Problem with Brand New Fiat New Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Taurus7, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Taurus7

Taurus7 Novizio

Linea 1.3
    Hello Guys,

Sorry to post little late as My Brand New Linea started giving me problem after a Minutes Drive only.

I bought Linea Emotion MJD from Fiat Caffe Pune on May 14th 2015, in which during the PDI I clearly mentioned to Showroom guys and their Sales Manager about pulling problem towards left side, and some scratch on rear bumper and rear left side door chrome handle and car was Dirty from Inside from Left rear Door Roof and Driver Side Roof.

after 12 days of waiting time and lots of patience and calls, finally I received the call from Fiat caffe that everything has been done and we can come to take the delivery of the car.

I asked them if everything is ok which I had mentioned during PDI, their sales executive assured me that we have done everything and we can take the car. We reached at Fiat Caffe on May 27th 2015 and check the car but Scratch was there as it is and it was still dirty, but i did not say anything because I already knew that sales team is not bothered after selling the car to customer as their Sales Manager is least bothered about their customer. but I asked the sales executive with regard to the pulling of the car to the left, assurance was given it was done.

Sales Manager was absent on the delivery day and on trust and on good faith becasue of the Fiat Brand Name I took the delivery of the car, but after driving 2 minutes only I called sales executive and informed him that still pulling problem is same exactly which I mentioned during PDI.

Sales executive gave me shocking reply that, "you can rectified it in first service or if you want then you can visit our workshop whenever you want." :grumpy::banghead: it was really bad to hear this.

next day only I called fiat caffe (Sky motto) workshop and fixed the appointment and they told me it might be a wheel alignment problem and is only 1 hour job and they will do the same time.

On Saturday I reached at Sky Moto Service Center and.....

Now the Issues have escalated...........

On Saturday At Sky Moto Service center after spending 8 hours over there.:banghead: though the guys at the service center tried their best ( rotate tyres, check alignment, fixed steering wheels, check tyre pressures etc.) and unlimited test drives but they couldn't rectify the problem. what i feel they do not have professional technical team. The PDI was not professionally done, because while receiving the car there was no water in wiper, brake oil was less, it was dirty, with some scratches, paint on chrome handle.:depressed:

after so many hit and trial of their team, now I felt hydraulic steering feel is also gone as I do not know what have they done with my New Car.

The service Manager has promise to fix an appointment with the technical guy from fiat to verify the issue of pulling.

I noticed they tried to fill wrong air pressure (left front more so car will not pull left side) and I told them same time it will not help and it will spoil tyres and Suspension as well.

while driving from sky moto service center to my home I found Steering wheel is wobbly and same time I stopped at Petrol Pump and check the Air Pressure and to my surprise I found my doubt was 100% correct,

they fill the incorrect Air Pressure in all tyres so that car will not pull left side.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: o_O:depressed:

Left side Front: 43 psi, Right side Front: 34 psi

Left side Rear: 35 psi, Right side Rear: 33 psi

on Sunday they were closed and couldn't do anything, I was waiting for their call on Monday and I received the call at 10:30 AM from Sky Moto service adviser and he informed me that he has already sent the email to Fiat and he is waiting for their reply.

I called the service adviser in the afternoon again and he informed me, Fiat guys has asked the details of wheel alignment which they did it on Saturday and which he already sent to Fiat and Fiat has emailed him the details to do the alignment as per their procedure, and if still problem is not solved then Fiat Technical person will come there to inspect the car and he will rectify the problem.

In the Evening Service adviser called me and asked me if he can send someone tomorrow to pick my car from my residence. I told him to arrange the stand by car and send it with the person who is coming tomorrow to pickup my car, on what he said he need to speak to his superiors for stand by car and he will call me in sometime.

In between I spoke to Fiat Customer Care and Sky Moto GM as well and I request to Skymoto GM to give me the Stand by Car.

Evening I received the call from Sky Moto Service Manager and he informed me Stand by Car is arranged and he can send his person at my residence with stand by Car and same time he will pickup my car and will bring to their Service Center.

Today (Tuesday) Morning I called Sky Moto and informed them I will come there and I will leave the car and I will Pickup stand by car from them.

I went there and drop My ONLY 6 Days OLD NEW LINEA CAR which I hardly drove 300 Kms. now waiting for their call, I hope Fiat will help them to rectify and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thankfully the Service Team is better than the Sales Team and they are bothered about their Product.

I have to go for my vacation and my hotel Booking and flight tickets are already booked, but I don't think I will be able to go as I think this issue is going to take too much time and I may need to cancel the Hotel Booking and cancel the tickets as well, where I will loose a fat Amount.

and for all these only Fiat and Sky Moto will be responsible.

I hope Fiat Technical guy will rectify the problem and I will get my Car on Time.

I am more tensed than happy after buying this car.

Guys be very careful with Fiat Caffe Sales team, they promise too many things but do nothing.

they promise me they will give me April Manufactured Car, but they gave me February Manufactured Car.

there are many thing which I will discuss soon and will post them soon.

Keep guiding me Team Fiat.

Thanks Tornado for your valuable advice and support and I may need your support and advice from time to time.

2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

This is disheartening, to read let alone experience.

Fiat India need to directly sort out your car's technical issues, perhaps via Pandit rather than the Sky Moto service guys who seem to be trying hard, from what you say, but perhaps aren't 'good' enough, yet? Including morally, since the variable tyre pressure 'fix' is nothing but horrible 'jugaad', even if as last resort.

One hopes, and expects, that they will, asap.

all the best
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat Caffè needs to be handed over Pandits ASAP. FCA, are you listening?
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    sad to hear this.
    after numerous escalations on "left pull' Fiat should wake up and seriously value customer's concern.Hope the issue gets rectified soon.
  5. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Taurus7

Don't be too complacent with the service and sales guys. Don't tell them to rectify the problem other wise they will rectify at Fiat's Cost and Your Time. We are not meant to spend our hard earned money for their learning experiences and faulty products. Just tell them that Please refund your money then only they will wake up.
    Also Lodge the matter on Fiat India Facebook page so that everybody reads it.
    Though the product is good but Our attitude of CHALTA HAI has spoiled everything.
    There are people on this forum who are directly or indirectly associated with Fiat who will read it.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Taurus7 : buddy i have found this piece of information on one of the forum in net.
    "Refer the diagram, You can replace only the lower camber bolt on right side struts with a lower dia size than the current one. I had severe left pulling issue in my punto, replaced the said bolt with Tata Indicas and found that car more or less maintained straight line. Also, tyre threads inside has not taken a beating so far. You can observe for a while, if not fixed, can anytime go back to fit the original bolt."

Just check on this.

left pull.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Josh! and prabhjot like this.
  7. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't think pulling problem is associated with irregular tyre pressure. It's something related with alignment issues. Get your WA/WB done from a reputed shop outside FASS and the problem will be solved. Fiat is not interested in mandatory quality checks right from the factory. Else how can this pulling issue be so common ?
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

I understand that from a known source that Fiat does have a fix for these issues if only the guys at the SC contact them. They know which batch of components have gone in to which car and based on that they advice the solution to the SC. Try writing to Fiat with your engine and chassis nos.

prabhjot likes this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    TFIan @Omar was facing the same issue on his brand new Punto Evo 90 Hp, KHT Fiat, Bangalore had resolved the issue by doing chassis alignment and wheel alignment.
  10. Scorpione Rosso

Scorpione Rosso Timido

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This issue was evident on the Avvy and 75hp Evo which i test drove two months back. When queried, the SA said it can be corrected with WA/WB. Don't know how well versed they are on rectifying this problem. Waiting to experience that in my new Evo 90hp :rolleyes:

Can this be rectified by tyre rotation? Guys who have this sorted please enlighten