1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Proud to own a Punto

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by harilalmn, Oct 5, 2013.

1. harilalmn

harilalmn

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    I am new to this forum. So I thought of saying a Hi to you all... :p My friend 'devansn' told me about this forum while I have impatiently been waiting for my new Punto Dynamic 1.3, Oceanic Blue. I am from Kerala and currently working in Bangalore. According to the dealer (VECTO Motors, Bangalore) my 'Blue Dream' is under transit. Hopefully she will be with me from next Thursday. The rest afterwards...
  2. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    Welcome aboard TFI. Hearty congrats for booking a Punto. May your wait end soon :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Hi Hari.Welcome to TFI.Congratulations on owning Punto OB 1.3 Dynamic.Waiting to see your Blue Dream pics soon.:p
    1 person likes this.
  5. harilalmn

harilalmn

Bangalore
    Got my Blue dream delivered on 10th. One thing to tell quickly for now is 'I will never regret buying it'. Thanks to my friend Devan. It was his visit on the same day I booked a Ritz that changed everything. Or else I would have been driving a Ritz around...!! I will write in detail about my experiences and will post photos shortly...!! She has run 1080 Kms in these 4 days...!!
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratson getting ur Blue Dream delivered.Post lots of pics of ur Punto_One who buys a Fiat will never regret his buying decision.Thanks to ur friend Devan who made you to buy Punto instead of Ritz.1080 kms driven in a brand new car in just 4 days is a Record.Congrats mate.
  7. harilalmn

harilalmn

Bangalore
    Yes...!! Because I made the first trip the next day to Devan's house only. Bangalore to Coimbatore (Up and down around 750 Kms)..
  8. devansn

devansn Novizio

Coimbatore
    Congrats for your possession, Hari. The car is indeed a looker (when clean) in this colour. I only helped you to think logically. These days, with the independent dealerships and improved (hope so) service, Fiats have started making a lot of sense. When I bought my Punto, it was purely a heart over head decision, with people around warning me about the unreliability of Fiat services, spares, etc. Now even a head-over-heart person can buy a Fiat - as long as logical thinking prevails and you are not a blind believer in Maruti and Hyundai, that is.

By the way, I got a chance to drive Hari's Punto for around 150Kms. I had not driven a post-2012 Punto till then:
    - Quality of plastics, fit and finish, etc. are miles ahead of my Punto. The glove box is properly aligned. There are minimal uneven panel gaps inside out.
    - Its very silent inside. Now its comparable to Swift in NVH when stationary.
    - The 165 tyres look and feel bad on such a good looking car. Already suggested Hari that he must upgrade his tyres as soon as his pocket allows. However, the 80 profile helps the ride, I suppose.
    - Second gear is better now? Don't know as yet - will have to check after 5000 kms.
    - Light (especially the low beam) is definitely better than mine.
    - Steering felt a little lighter - don't know if its the tyre effect.

@harilal, please start a new thread with your ownership review...
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  9. harilalmn

harilalmn

Bangalore
    Well, I should accept the fact that my technical knowledge on any vehicle is far far behind to that of almost all of our members here. For that reason, writing a decent review with all technical specifications might be out of question. But I will, like a layman, be posting my experience about the transition from my Alto to my new Punto.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  10. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Welcome aboard !!!
    I am sure you will not regret for your decision .
    Congrats !! Happy and safe driving !!

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk