1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Proud to own a linea

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AMIT GERA, Dec 9, 2014.

1. AMIT GERA

AMIT GERA Timido

Chandigarh
    Chandigarh
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday I drove to Nathdwara from Chandigarh, it was 14 hrs drive distance covered was 902 kms. I never drive on a highway at 80kmph but yesterday for the first time I drove the whole 902 kms at 80kmph and what stunned me is that till 820kms my linea gave an average of 27.3 kmpl and the last 82kms highway construction is in progress from Beaver to Nathdwara which dropped the overall average to 26.8 kmpl. I filled the tank from chandigarh and didn't need to fill it again till my destination. Amazing car, I think FIAT guys are not representing convincingly to the Indian Buyers.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thats a jaw dropping mileage that you are talking about. Are you serious? o_O

Did you check the mileage in the full tank method. I believe what you have said is the one displayed in the dashboard.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @AMIT GERA Welcome, man, to TFi.

Very believable: know people who've gotten 22-23 kpl from Delhi to Chandigarh, city driving included.
    I once even got 17-18 kpl on the same route on my Dad's 1.4 Fire petrol Linea, would you believe. Am hoping to go on NH1 again soon on my new Linea t-jet, to drive smart and sober (one way, only!) and am betting that i'll manage 15 kpl AT LEAST.

You are of course dead right about people just not 'getting it' about Fiats. Or being open to 'getting it'. Especially since fuel efficiency is the LEAST of the Linea/Punto's virtues. ;-)
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    i am not finding a reason why not FIAT is able to give / achieve these figures in ARAI tests.
    FIAT give some thing to ARAI guys under the table ;) or have Amit Gera as driver for these tests, I think Amit will also be happy to do that :)
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I too would like to know why would ARAI figures are lower ?
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Weight? Wider tyres? Un-under-handed-ness by naive honest Fiat? :)
  7. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    That is huge number @AMIT GERA. My highest is linea emotion is 20 kmpl. Yours is emotion?
  8. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
  9. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I think the ARAI test is done around 60 kmph. Fiat MJD sweet spot is around 80-90 kmph . This could be one reason according to my opinion.
    Anyways a hearty congratulations to @amit for achieving the figure and a salute for your patience in maintaining 80kmph throughout. Something I doubt that I can.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I did a little more on speed till 90 and could achieve 16.2 on my new TJet for drive to Ludhiana. I am sure you would easily get the numbers you mentioned.
    Recently, I drove in a very sober fashion and I got 14.2 kmpl from Noida to Delhi one way, i.e. all city driving. Of course, I just couldn't do it while coming back, the TJet just didn't let me. ;) Needless to say, the drive was simply fantastic!
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.