1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Proud owner of Fiat Linea T-jet Plus [ TUSCAN WINE ]

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by arpan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. arpan

arpan

Mumbai
    There is no shade where i park my car. So i have to cover it :(

Thank you :) ..ended up with all these accessories after a lot of negotiations. Initially the FE was showing only 6.7 to 6.9.It has only marginally increased to 7.4 to 8.

Thank you .. Where exactly in kandivali is wasan located?

Thank you. I don't drive the car daily, maybe twice or thrice in a week and when i do take her out i make sure its parked away from sunlight. Otherwise, the car is sun-bathing for the rest of the time in my building compound. I am seriously thinking of buying a good sun film for the front windshield. How much did the Global Sapphire Greyhound cost you?
  2. arpan

arpan

Mumbai
    Hi guys!
    Should i change the oil once the car has done 1000 kms ?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Never a bad idea to do so. Stick to Selenia WR, for now.

Don't forget to change the oil filter also.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  4. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    Congratulations on the T-Jet.AC problem seems to be poppig up so commonly in Lineas.
    Im all ears and eyes open for your experiance,as Linea will be my next car !!!
  5. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Arpan,

I too have bought my Linea 1.4P from OM SAI, Kandivali, must admit they are a bit disorganized. I think their USP is the best bargain in Price & free accessories depending on your bargaining skills. Regarding FE, i too am getting low FE for now, with just 490 on the MID @ 8.5/- Kms, 90% A/C. It should gradually scale after running a few more.

I am Happy Riding the beauty, cheers :)
  6. arpan

arpan

Mumbai
    Thank you for the info. I then change both oil [ Selenia WR ] as well as oil filter at 1000 kms. But what if the workshop does not have Selenia WR ? One more thing , the car has done 870 kms. and i have noticed that the brake pedal is not smooth as it was before. Is it due to the rains ? What should i do about it?

Thank you :). It was an "O" ring faliure and the gas leaked. Though i am happy with the car's performance and handling i am just worried about A.S.S.

I totally agree with you, just hate the way they offer their services. When you visit their showroom, no one bothers to even serve you a glass of water. With petrol prices Sky-Rocketing, me too waiting eagerly for the FE to increase. BTW whats your car's color and when did you purchase the car ?
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @arpan

I've just noticed that you have the Tjet.

I'd suggested Selenia WR, since i thought you had a Linea MJD. I apologize.( Ideally, according to me,Selenia WR and not Selenia K should be put in theT-Jet, but that's a long story for another thread)

The recommended engine oil for the Jet will most probably be the Selenia K, but please cross check with the dealer.

Another thing, insist on oil change being done in your presence and only from those 1ltr bottles of Selenia or the 4ltr Selenia can. I don't trust the loose oil they have in drums.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  8. arpan

arpan

Mumbai
    Ok , i will cross check with the seller and insist on changing the oil in my presence. One more thing , the car has done 870 kms. and i have noticed that the brake pedal is not smooth as it was before. Is it due to the rains ? What should i do about it?
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I think you should speak to Om Sai. I have not noticed any change in brake behaviour since I bought the car.
  10. arpan

arpan

Mumbai
    Hi guys !

I recently took the car for free monsoon check-up and got the engine oil [Selenia K] and Oil filter changed at 1200 kms. The car feels a bit smoother than before and there is a slight reduction in the turbo sound. Total cost for OIL+OIL FILTER+ LABOUR was Rs. 3,206. I don't know why the turbo sound got reduced, any ideas ? Also received a free scented Tissue Box from OM SAI MOTORS as Monsoon gift.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011