1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Proud owner of Fiat Linea T-jet Plus [ TUSCAN WINE ]

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by arpan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Arpan congratulations for new Jet.

TW color on Linea looks awsome.
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Hi Arpan,

I have the same impression till now. Will get confirmed / negated tomorrow. I have given my car so that they correct all the small niggles.

Its some polymer coating on the engine bay to protect from "dust and mice", as my sales person told me. Not sure about this. I got it for free.
    Even I am interested i this. More experienced owners, any answers? Eyeguy was praising Om Sai. Otherwise have heard of Wasan Chembur (good for parts availability), and one in Nerul(?).

I just completed 1000km, using the car primarily for my daily office commute. Check my thread for details. My average has increased from 7.2 for the first 100km, to 8.1 for the first 350, and now I see average consumption as 9 for the entire period, So I recon I am getting atleast 9.5. I now drive sedately, with back-to-back traffic in the evening when returning home. AC is always on, but at 27 degrees - me and wify prefer the warmer temperatures. :)
    I would say you can wait for your efficiency to improve till about 800-1000km. How is your experience with the car apart from this point?

3. arpan

Thank you. I hope the FE increases, will wait for 1000 kms.

Thank you.

Thanks for the info. The car has been performing well so far and is a treat to drive. There is a mild rattling sound sometimes [low but audible] at the left rear side of the cabin while driving at slow speeds . Will have to get it checked at the workshop. Apart from this there are no issues.

I was worried about one thing though, my car's parking slot where i park my car, is exposed to continuous sunlight from morning to evening. Though i cover the car with the body cover and leave a window slightly open, the interior does get hot. Will this kind of exposure to sun cause any harm to the car ? In a hot sunny afternoon the AC takes quite some time to cool the cabin and i feel the cooling is just not enough, is this normal ? However the cooling seems to be perfectly fine in the evenings.
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Touch wood, no rattling issues in my car yet. Maybe it is because of mistakes while installing the 3M film in the car?
    Regarding the car heating up in the sun, I think you should install 3M CR70 on the wind-shield since your car is parked in the sun. It is the most effective wind-shield film as per specs, and is cheaper than VCool. You can speak to the dealer at Milan subway - his name is Jatin, and his number is 93222 26327. He had quoted 6k for my car, and he can come to your place and do the film.
    I have found the AC to be fairly effective compared to most other cars (all a segment or two lower), though it does take a bit of time (5-10mins) to cool the car if it is hot standing under the sun. Maybe I was expecting too much when I had read that it chills the car very quickly. I frankly do not know whether I should complain on this point because I don't think a car that is boiling hot can be cooled any faster.
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  5. arpan

Yeah i feel the same, the guy who installed the sun film seemed totally inexperienced. But is it really worth installing the wind-shield film considering the fact that i keep the car covered with the body cover when its parked in my building compound ?
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Avoid covering the car with the cover whenever possible. It does lead to fine scratches.

And the Tuscan Wine is one shade which demands extra caution while handling it.

7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

not only tuscan, even the bronzo. I did experience the continuous usage of cover will have swirls and scratches. Before using cover, CAR must be very clean without even the dust
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Hi, welcome to the club and have a great time in your JET. you got a good deal on the free stuff. Quite a big list you got there.
    Also the FE will go up steadily as you much some more miles. I started at 9 just after delivery and its 11.5 now after 5K Kms(just before the 1st servicing).
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations on the Jet ::T!! And Welcome aboard !

You got lots of accessories Free there :)

Fortune, Sakinaka for technical expertise in Fiat cars

Wasan, Kandivali (W) for Parts availability

Do not worry about car remaining under the Sun in open. Modern cars are built to last in such environments. Though a covered parking is better in the long run.
  10. Hi arpan,

Congratulations on your T-Jet. We also had a few niggles with boot and front doors not closing properly but they have been resolved by service people at Cargo Motors here in Ahmedabad. They were pretty prompt and we are extremely satisfied with their service till now.

Regarding sunfilm, here in Ahmedabad temps go upto 44 hence it is a MUST :). I opted for Global Sapphire GS25 for windows and rear windshield and Global Sapphire Greyhound for the front windshield. The place where I get all accessories, Racing Hub, is a nice guy and he recommended these to me instead of 3M. I haven't seen or experienced 3M till now so I will not comment on how they perform but this Global sunfilm is extremely effective. Even with such high ambient temperatures the skin doesn't burn which usually used to happen when there was no sunfilm or as in our other cars which do have sunfilm, they are not that effective. I suggest you should definitely install the sunfilm on the front windshield as that is the place where the maximum amount of heat enters the car.

Another thing is please try to park your car in shade even if you have to walk a few meters. In later run it will help as the paint and the interiors will be saved as well. My mechanic where I take my other cars told me that after a few years the internal rubber lining gets hard which can lead to rattles. Don't know how true that is but it did make sense to me. Since then I always try to park the car in the shade as doing so it makes me walk a few paces everyday. It helps both of us :D.