1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Proud Fiat Siena 1.7 TDi owner, i find Sheer pleasure in driving my fiat. ..

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by nibedk, Apr 21, 2015.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @abhionline .Congrats mate for being a part of this unique online forum where all of us are bonded together due to out love for all things Italian.

You will not find any other forum unlike this one where inspite of all our differences we agree on one point i'e Fiats are one of the best when build quality and driving dynamics are concerned.

And you missed Ford Fiesta as well which is on par with Fiats as far as ride and handling is the criteria.
    prabhjot and abhionline like this.
  2. abhionline

abhionline Timido

thiruvananthapuram
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks mate.... I know the fiesta handles good, but the price is a bit over 10L.. In that case we can't forget Skoda Rapid also.... @nibedk
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2015 ---
    @
    @GirishRaghu

Screenshot_2015-04-21-13-37-09.png
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Honestly I never ever calculated the FE on this car. It was probably not good nor bad either before this procedure. But looks like there was this pickup issue with this one which was not the case with other Sienas. I had replaced the valves on this engine and got the timing belt adjusted.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 21, 2015 ---
    Considering its mediocre power-output. It was always considered underpowered and sluggish (rather painful) for the city drives. But it was fun on the highways and a turbo was much needed on this esp. to pull this thing when fully loaded. You do of-course need to work the gears a lot esp. if it loses steam after sudden braking.

turbo-original-garrett-fiat-palio-siena-idea-motor-17_iZ30XvZxXpZ1XfZ29955829-496049695-1.jpg
    This same thing is there on our Indian 1.7s too.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    varoon9999 and abhionline like this.
  4. abhionline

abhionline Timido

thiruvananthapuram
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    alas..! she is in the garage now, works started.
    full restoration and some cosmetic upgrades on the cards, will update you once i get back home.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @abhionline for the sienna, am also from trivndrum and where you do restoration for your car.
    abhionline likes this.
  6. abhionline

abhionline Timido

thiruvananthapuram
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thank you bro..... She is in my friend's garage near mar ivanios college, nalanchira. It's inside the college campus ( jayamatha workshop) if you want the details, i can provide.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    please give me his details. as i would like to get a quote a from him to know how much it will cost to restore almost dead fiat palio 1.6 Gtx.
    abhionline likes this.
  8. abhionline

abhionline Timido

thiruvananthapuram
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    K bro, please watsapp me in 9995662424