1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pro's and con's of after market airfilters.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 24, 2010.

1. other two cons,hot air is getting sucked in and better acceleration at the expense of poor filtration.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    i don't know about stock replacement filter
    but this filter shows some magical "IC" figures as well as Kmpl increased, there is slight difference in performance

COST - i am having this filter in my Wagon R bought in 2009 at Rs-4750. . . .

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  3. Here are the few links you may want to go though before you decide use Cotton gauze filter, I am not for or against it,I will let you decide it as against some fan boys telling you it is the best or the worst :)

As per the thread "At 4 microns there is bearing damage and and 20 bore damage"

K&N filter bore damage - LR4x4 - The Land Rover Forum

Results (Performed by K&N) of the ISO 5011 test for a new factory oiled K&N filter.

Do K&N filters really damage MAF sensors??? - Page 3 - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

K&N air filter damage engine? - SaabCentral Forums
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Fiat Linea 1.4
    Driven 65000 km (38 months)

Modifications Done :
    ECU Remap @30000km
    AIR (Air Intake Revision) @ 33000(odd) km

Difference : 0-100km/hr Stock 15.5sec.
    After mod recorded figure 13.2 sec.

Average : 11 to 11.5kmpl in city. Actual figures. aCar figures 12.6kmpl consistently in city after mods.

Been using the AIR for over a Year . Just removed it last week due to monsoon. I am on the REmap now and do miss the additional Power that AIR offered combined with the Remap. Waiting eagerly for Monsoon to get over.

Some pictures to do the talking.

First 2 Pictures taken while installing the AIR.

Last 3 pictures taken after taking off the AIR after over 7 months of heavy city driving.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. dharmesh

@FastLove: Is that K&N filters? If not please can you tell me what air filter is that? I am also from mumbai and planning to replace stock air filter with some good one as my second free service is due.
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    These are not K&N.

I got this fitted by Peter (drifter) from TFI

He calls it AIR

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4

My car featured in Dreamcarz magazine.

BTW, There are 2 ways of doing things : 1 is to sit in front of a screen with a Keyboard and let Google do the Talking . And Paste the Results anywhere you get space to do that. :mrgreen:

2 is to make your judgements based on Knowledge you gain from these information and implement them . (Dikhawon pe math jao, apni akal lagao) ;-)

There will be difference of opinions. But there is some Glimmer of hope in the world or else the Sales Figure of FIAT would have been Zero in India. ;-) i.e. if people followed opinion using Google or other forums and general perceptions :roll:

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. CAI mythbusted,enjoy madi
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

I wanted to do this from a very long time and finally its here.

Lets put all these air filters discussions to rest!!
    1 person likes this.