1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Projector lens head lamps with halogen bulbs

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by dr.stephen, Jan 16, 2015.

1. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello,
    My Linea MJD 2012 needs up gradation in head lamp system for improving light throw . My idea is to replace the present halogen bulb with a projector lens and the same/ osram NB plus bulb.No plan to change to HID bulbs right now as the car is within extended warranty. Suggestions and comments on the availability of projector lens setup that can be plugged in without cutting reflector is requested.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Most aftermarket projectors will work only with HID bulbs AFAIK. Halogen projectors are a little rare and even a few OEM's provide that. As far as warranty is concerned you can get both HID's and projectors installed without any cutting of wires/reflectors done ..
  3. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Its better to use normal reflector setup rather then halogen projectors. You will gain nothing. Projectors were made for HID and HID always for projectors. What is happening out of this is just mess on road.
    And as Parantap sir said, there was never an issue of warranty with HID, everything is plug and play.
  4. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    I am in search of HID Bi-xenon projector setup for my Punto. I have used HID in stock reflector setup. They are useless without projectors.
    Morimoto projector with HID 12V, 55W, 4300 K should be ideal setup. Isn't it? Available in Gurgaon Ritro Rides for 20K in existing headlamps?
    Has anybody attempted such a thing before in this forum?
    I am going to Bangluru in 3 rd week of Feb. Any TFIan there can guide me regarding availability of HID bi-xenon projectors for Punto?
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

extr3mex likes this.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't think you can fix a projector without opening up the headlamp assembly completely and like Parantap said, that is not going to void your warranty. But you should get HID's installed instead of just Halogen's, it will make quite a difference.