1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project - S10 SUPER SPORT

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Nimish antony, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Cinju. I paid a price for the car just because it was well maintained. All OE badges were there. In usual cases u never get the rear number badge. Its all intact. i had installed SPC the door sill plate on the punto and it has faded now after a year. The 9 year old fiat has it all like new. I have not even given it a interior service to date

2 people like this.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    How much did the S10 cost you? Sorry if i missed the price you already mentioned somewhere.
  3. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    S10 will cost u from 1.20 to 3 L depending on the condition of the vehicle. There are cheaper options available but it might not be in running condition and restoration is an extremely costly and complicated affair.

4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yes - The Linea/Punto Rotors can fit in the GTX. Although it's not a direct fit, The braking is poor only because the rotors are of the same size as that of 1.2 which is completely different to this beast. I've read people fitting this into Adventure's and GTX's so it should work on the S10 for sure. It should set you back close to 12k and can source parts from TASS/KAVA.
    1 person likes this.
  5. That's an awesome find Nimish! Very happy for you :)

I'm sure you would make it into a true beast :devil
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Palio OEM parts were far more reliable than the new gen Fiats. Except for driving Gear i did not replace any parts in Palio in 3 years. Linea I can count how many parts got replaced under warranty in less than 2 years !!
  7. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    That was a passionate write up!

I'm glued to this thread. I have always been in love with the Palio since the day I was taken for a ride in a 1.2 way back when I was a school kid!

The only Palio I got to drive was a MJD stile. I would any day rate the Palio better than my Punto. The way the car connects with the driver is magical, beyond explanation. That car has got soul!

Congrats on your ride and so happy for the S10 to have found a new passionate owner!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Parts Collecting and budgeting .
    Collecting parts for the 1.6 engine requires patience and a proper plan schedule. Its now 10 years since the iconic S10 has been launched. If taken care properly the car will live for a lifetime. Parts age with time and some have to be changed over the time schedule. The basic things towards the engine bay are the idle settings. The custom idle settings is around 750 RPM and it tends to waver if not set right. Its mandatory to change the timing kit as soon as any car is bought. The timing kit consists of a timing chain, idle bearing and tensioner it’s also advisable to change the alternator bearing if needed. Battery is another thing to look out for. As we are all aware of what a faulty battery can do. Preferable change all rubber hoses as they tend to stiffen over time. Ignition coil, throttle body might need replacement down the line and it’s advisable to go for a new ignition coil if you plan to use it a for a long period. Plug wires are a must to be replaced along with the plugs while going for a buildup. Engine porting and polishing have been done my a few members and its left to individual taste.
    The biggest issue with the Palio is the breaks. It just won’t stop. Slotted rotors would be advisable as they have been tried and tested. They really work wonders for a car that has been prepared with mods. A few of our members have even tried the linea rotors on their machines which they claim do good. A soft suspension is another weak point and if stiffened would make the machine perform great at corners. The car handles the power well with a stiffer suspension and it’s a must feel experience as the same has been tried and tested on a friend’s S10.
    Some parts that we shortlisted for the project.
    Sl no Work Approx cost
    1 Mc/Sc 2500
    2 Clutch 8000
    3 GB mounts 1000
    4 Suspension bushes 4000
    5 Engine oil 1500
    6 Brake/clutch fluid 900
    7 Air filter 400
    8 Plug wires kit 2000
    9 Timing kit 8000
    TOTAL 28300

Stage 2
    Sl no Work Approx cost
    1 Rotors 4000
    2 Brake pads 1500
    3 Rotor slotting Xxxx
    4 Shock Stiffening Xxxx
    5 FFE 15000
    TOTAL 20500

Stage 3
    Sl no Work Approx cost
    1 Strip down paint 40000
    2 Rubbers 2000
    3 Logos and random 1500
    4 Wipers F&R 1000
    5 HL bulbs 1500
    6 100/90 kit 600
    TOTAL 46600

Grand total,without suspension & slotted rotors. Labour not included 95400

This is an advanced detail set up planned for the project car as things are undergoing transformation. The car is undergoing a full body strip down paint.
    4 people like this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nimish wish you best luck for your project :up

What does this means Nimish?
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Kedar it would almost be like a car with shell alone ie stripped of almost all the fittings like seat, pads etc etc.
    kedarbendre likes this.