1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project - S10 SUPER SPORT

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Nimish antony, Oct 24, 2012.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

"Where ther eis a will, there is a way". Kudos to you, Nimish!

Waiting to read the rest :) All the best to make her a real head turner.

years back, one of my close friend almost brought an S10, but at the last moment, the sale did not go through. It was inital days of working, so none of us had a deep enough pocket to take care of the beauty. I was more sad than my friend, and when at last the time came to buy another car, we did search for another good S10, but at last, what we chose was a petrol lancer. Not quiet a gem as S10, but the next best :)
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Any more mods on my punto will make it an ugly duckling..I think i have done enough on the car. So as of now i stopped with it since its my daily commuter. The red alloys are a bit loud and so to places where i have to go sober i go in the S10.. Yellow. (being sober) :evilsmile

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Teky there will be no cosmetic upgrades or 17 inch alloys. I am going only for internals and perfection. The coming pages will give a detail of the mods that are going to come. Its just restoration of an S10 to prime and extracting the max from the 1.6 engine. The study is going on what all the car can take. Getting inputs from various sources to work on. Daily one hour is dedicated to phone calls and mails for the project Super Sport :ugeek:

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Anoop even i had the same issue. I was hunting for an s10 years back and ended up buying a petrol lancer which was then transformed to a EVO(only the design). Its a marvellous car which can take mods. Based on my previous experience with the petrol lancer engine mods i was confident i could work out something.. The end result is that people are too afraid to touch the 1.6 fiat motor. ITs too complex for a local mechanic to work on. Even technically qualified people dont take up stage 3 mods which i had planned. (performance cams, lightened flywheel and msd ignition). The hunt is on for the techie who can work with me.

3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Nimish, Congrats !! Enjoying every bit of your post and glued to it.
    I could feel the passion in you and what that picture above means to you.
    One request, please remove the black thing parked left to the S10 from the frame :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Eagerly waiting for your next update Nimish. In fact you are tempting me to think about this beauty & start searching for one now.
  5. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

Nimish, Congrats !!...eagerly awaiting the photos of the Italian beauty...
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Nimish,Your Punto will now feel jealous as you have adopted the big bro S10 :D
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Stop playing with my mind Nimish :( First the 17" alloys and now an S10. Yesterday I was checking online if any S10s are for sale in Hyderabad.

BTW Congratulations buddy!!!! :D

I still remember that in Feb 2011, there was this badly kept Palio which came for some repair work in the garage opposite to my building. The owner was checking out my car which was brand new then and we were discussing about Fiats, TFI, firt TFI meet in Hyderabd to be held a week later then. I had no clue that his ride was an S10. The mechanic later told me that this particular S10 was originally given to Sania Mirza by FIAT and was sold later to this guy, who painted it in red and had a very bad paint job. I think the owner had painted the car himself :p. It was that bad. Nimish would have killed him if he saw the S10.

And then there was this S10 which I spotted recently enroute to my office, which was in immaculate showroom condition. Then the 2 S10s at South India Meet. Yellow fever is definitely showing its symptoms on me. I will enquire in the garage later if there are any S10s available and at what price. I might not buy it, but just out of curiosity. My dream is to own an S10 with FFE on Hyderabad roads ...... Wow!!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Terrific write up Nimish; it makes for a fantastic reading.
    The S10 was one of those cars I was madly in luv with when it was launched and that love will never fade off.
    I still remember those days; when it was launched. I was pursuing my graduation then, and one of my good friends used to work in a Fiat showroom, yes we had a Fiat showroom in Nasik back then, so I had a deal with him. I will turn up at the showroom posing as a customer and my friend would offer me a TD. We did this so many times. It was fun :)

Good luck to you and take very good care of the Italian beauty!
  9. arunbaboo4

Hey Nimish i liked the tow hook very much (of your punto 90hp) where did you purchased how much it cost and what is the make and how did you made the whole to fix that also look good that without removing the cap full you have done that
  10. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Thanks soumen for liking the post. Its being written with all the knowledge i have collected from fellow S10 owners and experts in the automotive arena

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sorry for being late with the updates.. Was in Coimbatore making advances and research with the technical s of the S10. Now im back with the next chapter
    - - - Merged Post - - -

naveen i was originally attracted to an an S10 and that was the only fiat i ever liked at that time. Now i got a chance to own one and i am happy. Cant let the punto go though. Its another beauty
    - - - Merged Post - - -

Kiran i would say that every fiat enthusiast must own or drive the 1.6 S10 to know what the technology of Fiat was all about when other car manufactures were claiming that they had a computer in their car.. (ECU). Fiat is far advanced. The S10 speaks about the glory of a Italian engineering

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Girish. I hope the latter write ups will also evoke the same interest in you.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012