1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

most of the interior plastic parts in my punto (old Active version) are black. you might have an alternative to vinyls for some parts in case they fit in linea
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Oh you will get hundreds of pages of results.

Including S&H. Neither. Direct purchase from spares dealer.

Oh. The mod will have to wait till the part arrives. If you want to watch how the vinyl wrapping contraption works, you are most welcome. Just promise me you will not laugh if it turns out to be a damp squib.

The plastic quality seems to be different between the Puntos and Lineas of that timeframe (Sept / Oct 2010), as compared to the T-Jet. Also sourcing them might be a challenge. If the wrapping exercise fails, then that would be the next option, before deciding to paint. Also considering 3D matt CF wrap as an alternate, as the black I used in the picture posted in this thread is not the same as the black plastic in the car and looked odd. So, I unwrapped it :D.

1 person likes this.
  3. nareshov

Any idea where I can get this done (in Bangalore)?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Not sure in Bangalore, but you can check out Kit Up. They are based out of Coimbatore. However, if you are in Bangalore (Read "World's Speed Bump Capital"), lowering the GC any further is suicidal.

5. my opinion save your money for performance mods not visual mods
    I went for that and almost all my friends done that
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Not sure if this is in response to nareshov's query or for my thread in general. If it is for my thread, thanks. Most of the mods I have in mind are either functional or improved aesthetics, to suit my taste. Performance mods are some where in the bottom of the list, but they are on the list, nevertheless :D

Thanks for your opinion.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  7. It was for your thread in general

and here is my opinion

• 16" or 17"? I know I will have to go with 215/45 R17, if I decide to go for 17". Question is, how much of ride comfort am I compromising on? I would go for 16 as my friend has 17" in his car and it is extremely un-comfort especially in bad road condition I think here in Egypt is as bad as yours :(
    • Paint the alloys BNW with a red lip? Or should I go with black lip? Or just BNW? Or maybe Gunmetal? depends in your car color
    • Multi-spoked? Just 5 spokes? i would go for 5 spoke

Beige Interiors

• How do I change the beige interiors? What do I change it to? Please keep in mind - I do not really want to change the roof liner, I kinda like it :smile:
    • Red? - Blood Red or Crimson?
    • Glossy Black Carbon Fibre?
    • Glossy Anthracite Carbon Fibre?
    • Orange?
    • Vinyl Stickering or Paint?
    can't really help in interior

Side turn repeaters and ORVMs

• I want to relocate them to the ORVM didn't understand ORVM
    • LED? yes but go for power full one's (safety first) as some leds are not visible morning
    • Transparent casing with warm white?
    • White with Amber casing?
    • Remove the existing repeaters on the front fender or leave it as is? leave
    • Change colour of ORVM top part from BNW to glossy black? Glossy CF? Anthracite CF?
    • Or change the colour of the ORVM stalks to BNW?

Puddle and Door open warning lights

• FIAT logo projector lights?
    • Independent or two -in-one?
    • Regular VW style lights with red vertical and transparent horizontal?

ABC Pillars

• As of now, A pillars are grey, B pillar Beige and C pillars Black. I want uniformity
    • All of them Black? yes
    • All of them CF - Glossy Black or Glossy Anthracite?
    • All of them Red?
    • Paint or Film? film

• Paint or film? some people used films after removing the paint was badly damaged and re painted it
    • CF or glossy black?
    • Fake sun roof? no
    • Leave as is?

Seat Covers

• Red / Black combo?
    • Black / perforated black combo?
    • Black / Silver Combo?
    • Red stitching / White stitching?

don't know i love beige and made a leather beige and black seat cover it was handmade to exactly fit and to have places for airbags as my car have 6 airbags 2 of them in the seats

Front Grille and Fog Lights

• Glossy Black? Yes
    • Matt Black?
    • CF?
    • Paint or sticker?
    • Leave as is?
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

ORVM - Outer Rear View Mirror. I want to relocate the side turn indicators to the rear view mirror.

Thanks for the input on 16" Vs. 17"

9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this was done at cochin..there are a couple of guys doing kits here.
    kit up kits are horrible and insanely priced upwards of 50k !!!
  10. If you can do it just go for it :D