1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You have a long wait buddy :D. I am grouping it into smaller tasks. Am sure it is going to take a while to get it all done, but trust me, you will see more frequent updates on this thread.

BTW, I have a surprise mod in mind and am checking on the feasibility. If I am successful, mine probably will be the first Linea T-Jet (maybe the first FIAT) in India to have this mod. Fingers crossed :)

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Puddle lights by any chance ? :mrgreen:
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That Grin tells me you have already done it or on it:mrgreen:
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Project - Linea T-Jet Sport

Am sure its not the puddle lamps. Rajan said it would probably be the first on a Linea or even Fiat. We already have some members who have done puddle lamps:)
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Patience people :D. I am still researching. Once I know it can be done for sure, I promise you will be the first to know. From what I have seen so far, I know it is possible. But I have to check my Jet and ensure it can be done on the Indian Version.

Not that I am trying to create an element of suspense, it is just that I don't want to shoot my mouth off first and then be ridiculed. As it is people make fun of my handle, is spite of using my "patch work" happily for more than one multi thousand km trips. Hence the secrecy :D

Rajan
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Rajan, you just beat me to this idea by posting it up.
    I have started the same thing and thought I will put up the finished product but looks like its no use.
    But hey, If your thinking what I'm thinking then may be there will be "2" FIATs in india .

I'm stuck at removing the main dashboard but i'm having other ideas of how to do it , next weekend that's the plan.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ok may be the wrapping was not your idea. I thought i had opened the last page and saw your vinyl wrapping and thought something altogether. :(
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK. Just got an email that a special part I ordered is shipped from UK. The wait starts now to see if I can actually do this unique mod or have I just thrown away 55 GBP. Fingers crossed.

BTW, working on a home made contraption for wrinkle / bubble free wrapping of small components with moderately complex curves - typically power window switch panels, ORVM covers, etc. Watch this space. Should possibly have an update in the weekend.

Rajan

PS: Sorry about the useless post. Just could not contain my excitement on getting the shipping confirmation :D
    3 people like this.
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Would you like me to start searching the net for what all products from the UK are available for 55 GBP ?

3s0c85.jpg
    3 people like this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    seems interesting :) 55 GBP with shipping or without? amazon or ebay?
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

So theres a mod lined up for the weekend !!

If that is the case then i will be there to get a first look of the mod (if thats ok with you) :).