1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    We sure can consider other options. Do let me know what is the voltage your device is expecting.

Rajan
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    An ambitious project :) If I see it correctly , once you have the capacitors set up , it's just a question of taking out the original battery and plugging in the OEM +ve and -ve cables to the capacitors ?

While the underlying basics are probably simple , google suggests that this is an emerging technology at best (except for electric cars probably)..

One thing Ive learnt from my projects is that the devil is in the details.. you might have the electronics/schematics figured out perfectly but come up against unforeseen roadblocks when doing the final install.

For example , where would you place the solar panels , if you decide to use them ?

Other than that the only suggestion I have is to do thorough road tests - probably keep the regular battery in the boot for the first few weeks in case you have any failures with the caps..

I think you will pull this off ! All the best :)
    2 people like this.
  3. nmj

nmj Timido

Pune
    Thanks to the inspiration from Mr. Rajan, one more T-Jet (mine in Pune) is now equipped with CC. Works like a charm and the instructions were spot on. Based on the Bravo t-jet thread on Fiat forum, I always wanted to install CC but could not get myself to do it - till I saw this thread and the success. Slight difference is I got the alfa stalk with both the connectors from the UK seller - so that effort was saved. Had a scary moment when I had to extract one MQS from ECU the connector block. It was bent and refused to go all the way down - and the wire came out without the connector. A straightened paper clip did the trick.

Once again Thanks to Mr. Rajan. Happy to share my experience with anyone who wants to do the operation :) in Pune.
    13 people like this.
  4. snn77

snn77

Istanbul
    thanks a lot Rajan, very professional work. Very well illustrated.

Rajan, I have a question, my car is Linea 2012 MJD 1.3 95HP, the new design which will be released in India on February 2014, I have bought the Alfa 147 cc stalk, but when I came to check the socket of the ECU, I surprised that wires order is totally different than the classic Linea MJD1.3, hole 19 is blocked while 20,21,22, are free. I have been searching for eLearn CD for the new Linea since few days but without success.
    Dear Rajan, Do you have any idea about how can I connect the cc on my car?
    <abbr title="By the way">btw</abbr>, I have checked with MultiECUScan the cc green led is existing in my dashboard.
    any advise would be highly appreciated.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
  5. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi, I think Rajan is no more active on this forum.....
    You can ask some senior members of this forum to give his contact.
  6. Seronet

Seronet

Turkey
    Hi guys,
    You can see the necessary steps to 1.3 MJ from the link.

seronet.blogspot.com/2014/02/fiat-linea-13-mj-e4-90ps-cruise-control_25.html?m=0

Seronet from Turkey

Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Seronet, i am not able to view the pictures in the link you have provided so without them i can only understand very little with google translation:confused:
  8. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
  9. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Anyone willing to follow the MJD Euro 5 pins mentioned. Atleast a +12V to pin 25 should prove if it is going to work.

PIN 25 - ON/OFF
    PIN 24 - Decrease (-)
    PIN 27 - Increase (+)
    PIN 48 - RESUME
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Where did you get this Pin details?

As educated to me, CC in First generation Linea MJD is not possible in India.