1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bala.spak

bala.spak Timido

Pune
    Rajan Sir,

As per your instructions I understand that Pin 20 need to get connected with CC on/Off switch. While switch on the key CC doesn't ON and cc switch does in OFF position normally.So at that time 12v doesn't get passed from switch to ECU pin 20.Still we need to see the CC light for a sec like other warning lights. Hope I am correct.Correct me if i am wrong.

I am not getting that warning light in starting. Or is it something like after first successful switch on of cruise control only warning does appears while switching on the key?

Bala.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome bala, both the TFI and the CC club :-D Your understanding is correct but only to an extent. Let me explain from what i understand and if its wrong Rajan is there to correct us. You see the CC light glows when you test it through MES because it is getting the signal through pins 24 and 25 to E050 and you have already connection through the ignition controlled switch which gives power to M001 that is the BCM. Refer the following diagram

cc light linea mjd wiring.PNG

Now to have light in the CC led when you turn the ignition key to MAR, as you get in other systems you need the required wiring from the pin 8 of the CPL to the CC stalk and back to the BCM to pin 45 and 45 via the ECU. So for CC light to come on you should have the loop closed as per the following diagram.

linea cc init controlled.PNG

I even doubt whether it will check for the cc function as it checks for the other systems. I have given my views on this, hope Rajan can better clear your doubts.
  3. bala.spak

bala.spak Timido

Pune
    Hi Sathish,

Thanks for the inputs. :-D Let me check it out.

Bala.
  4. bala.spak

bala.spak Timido

Pune
    I have tried that and I can see two PORTS (One is in black and another one is in skyblue) having the 52 pin connectors in body computer. In that one I am not able to find which one is PORT D. But I have seen both the channels have wires with pin no 44 and 45. Is it mean that somewhere in junction its not connected in with the ECU or I have to check for other pin numbers for 1.3 MJD?

Bala
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bala before doing anything make sure you read all the documents thoroughly. I am not sure how well informed you are that's why i am telling this. Pardon me if you are attempting this after going through all the manuals. I found the linea elearn to be most useful. Recommend you to download it if you dont have one. I don't understand what you are looking for pins 44 and 45 for.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bala, can you post pictures of your car's ECU and the BCM?. Please make sure your ECU picture shows clearly the label on that as we have posted ours in earlier posts. I am thinking of making a database kind of thing which will have details of owners successfully enabled CC and those who could not and try to make some correlation. Also post the manufacturing year of your linea.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  7. bala.spak

bala.spak Timido

Pune
    Hi Sathish,

I guess you are looking for below pictures. Let me know is it suffiecient or not.

Manf. year : 2009

WP_20131206_001.jpg WP_20131206_002.jpg WP_20131206_004.jpg

Bala.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sathish,

according to your previous post i have understand that the connection which i have mentioned in green color is already available and the one marked in red is not present. That's why i am not getting the warning light when I switch on key and i am getting light via OBD II testing.

CC light connection.jpg

I guess the below pic is showing the BCM connections.From this which one is port D connector which is mentioed in the above pic. any idea?

WP_20131206_001.jpg

Bala.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes Bala, these are the pictures i was asking. Thank you. The connector D is the one as i marked in your picture to the right of the OBD connector, when you are facing the BCM as in the picture. Also, refer to the snap taken from elearn for linea

Marking in you picture

bala's bcm.jpg

From elearn of linea

Capture.PNG
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bala refer to the following diagram about the wiring for CAN. As can be seen only if you have any one of the below mentioned module(ESP, ABS etc) you will have connection to pin 44 and 45 of connector D in the BCM.

can connection.jpg

Your ECU is similar to that of saugatchandra. Since yours is an emotion variant i am sure that you must have wires in pins 44 and 45
  10. bala.spak

bala.spak Timido

Pune
    Sorry for delay..

as my car is Emotion is does have ABS with it. According to your diagram a connection between ECU and BCM should be there. In CC diagram I can see E1050 in between ECU and BCM. Anyone of you have any idea about what it is?

Bala