1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Rajan, what is the significance of the 330 ohm resistor between the 12 v supply and the pin as you have mentioned here?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No significance. That is the resistance value that the Alfa CC stalk provides :D

Rajan
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Did saugat too connected the 12 V supply with 330 ohm resistor to pin 20 of connector B of M010?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  4. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    no i had just connected + 12v to pin no.20.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ordered ELM327 V 1.4 from ebay. Awaiting delivery within two days. @Rajan, Will MES v1.4 (registered) suffice the enabling CC and proxy alignment jobs? Geared up for this weekend. Will try connecting pin 20 to 12 V supply, both with 330 ohms and without 330 ohms.

All depends upon the arrival of ELM327.........
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  6. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes MES v1.4 will suffice to enable CC and proxy alignment. Good Luck...waiting for the result :)
  7. bala.spak

bala.spak Timido

Pune
    Hi All,

I own a linea 1.3 MJD. I got inspired by Rajan's CC project and I would like to add it in my car too. So i got a OBD II connectors and multiecuscan 1.7 register version. OBD II was from china and it had default problem which is cross resistor between can lines. When i removed it, connector started working fine and i was able to connect to the module.

Today after coming from office i connected the module and checked whether my car has a Cruise control LED or not. When I checked with the actuator it glowed up. so its confromed it has LED. After I connected to the Stilo 1.9 JTD with CAN setup/Proxi align module and enabled the Cruise control light. After finishing everything i remoed the connected and reconnected to verify that enabling is done properly or not. Yes it was enabled properly. So I left for some time and when i switced the key on after Cruise control warning light doesn't come up. What is reason? Do I need to do the wiring? But wiring no where connected to the warning light as its coming from ECU in the starting to show that Cruise program is enabled in ECU.

Correct me if i am wrong!

Anything i missed?

Bala.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any further updates Amit? Results from you are eagerly awaited. :)
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore

Bala - Welcome to TFI. I assume you are the same person that whatsapped me yesterday. Please take time to post an introduction of yourself and your car, with pictures, of course.

Pin 20 on the ECU has to get a +12V power supply. Only then it will communicate with the BCM over the CAN BUS and the light will come on. Hold your horses. We are yet to crack the MJD. I am banking heavily on Saugat-Chandra for the Linea and SatishGV for the Punto. Please take time to read up the entire thread and also the thread on CC for Punto.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  10. bala.spak

bala.spak Timido

Pune
    Yes Rajan sir. I am the one who pinged you yesterday in whats app.

I am from pune. I am having Linea 1.3 MJD 2010 model.

Here you go for pics..
    WP_20131205_002.jpg WP_20131205_003.jpg WP_20131205_004.jpg WP_20131205_006.jpg WP_20131205_007.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Rajan sir,
    As per your instructions, I need to connect pin 20 with the CC on/off switch. In that case if I switch on CC then only 12v does get passed to ECU pin 20. If CC is off also we need to see CC warning for a second while switch on the key. Hope I am right in this. Correct if I am wrong. In that case I am not getting that warning light while putting the key On.

Bala

WP_20131205_002.jpg