1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad to know that the issue is resolved. Testing the connections before putting everything back together is crucial. Thanks for reconfirming that :D

We tried both Stilo JTD and Idea 1.4. We can only come to a conclusion, based on Italia-Linea's input. We know it works on his car and we also know it does not seem to working on other MJD Lineas. Unless we understand what is different between his ECU and others, I am afraid we have hit a dead-end, again :A

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. Hope your Dashboard ECU and main ECU is safe.
  3. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, looks like a dead-end. Was there any success with the AT commands you folks were trying.?
  4. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Is there a way to read the ECU and find its functionality(other than using FES)? I know tuners take the ECU out and use the BDM programmer to read/write to it, but I don't think we need to get that intrusive.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    saugat-chandra has been actively trying to crack this for the 1.3 MJD and has been constantly in touch with me in whatsapp and on mobile phone. Today, he requested me to re-read a post in the polish forum, posted by smak56 - the first polish guy to have installed this on a 1.3 MJD. I am posting a translation of that post and pictures for the benefit of interested TFIans here. All picture credits belong to the owner.

From the Polish forum--

As I wrote mwas, cruise in multijet 1.3 works. Road tests done‚Äč, tried and tested! Let me post a photo story of the work. Maybe someone will make something at home. I am very happy with the work, but I have to admit that without the help of MACIEJ (mwasa) and description of Kuzyna_z_Sosnowca (pit) this would not be possible. Thank you again.

Text on top - The transition to the interior, in addition to links to the mask. The rubber that is shown in circle is what you need to cut through
    Text in the bottom - That is the same rubber on the bulkhead between the engine and the interior.
    1.JPG

If you keep colors same as stalk (as I've done), then after crimping pin-on it looks like this
    2.JPG

Plugged in and ready
    3.JPG

Routing the wires
    4.JPG

The plug does not have connection on pin 8 and cruise control. I drilled in the plug a hole 4mm, them pressed the pin 8 and then pulled this wire
    5.JPG

New connector
    6.JPG

The end of the installation of cruise control on 1.3 Multijet
    7.JPG

We seemed to have missed one step - picture 4.

saugat - think you can try this connection and update us?

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yeah they are all right. The only thing i got was canbus error, total irradiate behavior of the car with jerks. As soon as i removed the OBD it worked fine.

Rajan, i very well remember that as per the pic of the connector above and the diagram on the international forums i had connected the red wire to fuse under the dash and blue yellow and green yellow ( i used same colors in all pins) across the home music system spare press on off switch. With this the cruise control comes on. Can you try the same on MJD?

I think in the above post he made the same extra connection and it works. He drilled in the pin and properly connected the stalk. I dont have any stalk yet so i directly crossed the connection and luckily out of the blue it worked i think.

Can you lead me to a CC stalk..let me buy online and i will do this on my car. I dont think i should wait any further, my warranty gets over in December :)
    4 people like this.
  7. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Italia-linea can you describe what you tried out with a small rough sketch showing all
    The connections that you made. Also please mention the sequence in which you tried it out.
  8. Alfa 147 stalk Ebay.co.uk should get you what you need.
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Italia-Linea can we have details about your ECU as well too. Asking that, because i want to know whether is there any connection between not getting "CC on" message and "made for india ECU". I remember you have mentioned that saugat's ECU is old what does that mean?
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Italia-Linea, read post #163 and got the answer, don't bother about the previous post. But sure will like to know the method you followed as requested by saugat.