1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. mine is 1.3 BS3 model Punto, i can see the some sensor in the exhaust .It must be Lamda.
  2. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks downloading now.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Is it possible to check if pins 12,44,45,46,47 are wired in your ECU, since the Saugat's ECU had these as blanks.
  3. I will take pictures of the pinout and post it.
  4. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    got it..

i downloaded the file, but cant open it.. changed the file ext to iso and brunt on a cd, still cant open it. any suggestions?

problem solved ..
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Download application from here. Very small download, freeware and works like a charm.

Rajan
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Further research on the differences between Punto and Linea 1.3 MJD. Using Saugat's pin out diagram as reference:

ECU pin configuration.PNG

Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP.png

Linea 1.3 MJD 90 HP.png

I find that it matches neither wiring diagram correctly. Now to identify the wires shown in the eLearn, but not in Saugat's diagram and understand what functionality those wires control.
  7. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Rajan, we need to match only the M010 B pins and not the A pins. A pins are the engine section. I see the the Linea pins matching., except for the Lambda sensor which is missing. Yes Punto 90hp does not match.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Rajan, bbllaazzee etc can this be of any help to you
  9. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    For Punto we need to match M010 A and not B (brake switch and reversing light does not match). I am not sure Pin 73 for E5010? Hope they had some consistency in naming convention of the ECU A and B sections.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  10. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Ok, got an hour permission from my son to work on the car today at 5:30pm(it was getting dark), wife is working over the weekend as well, so had to take care of the little one.

Like Rajan mentioned, connected my ELM to OBD port and checked for the functions, following were working
    Cruise ON
    Cruise '+'
    Cruise Res

while as already experienced in the test drive Cruise '-' was not getting signal from the stalk. Since I did not have the tools to open the cowl, thought let me check which PIN is for '-' and found it to be PIN 86. Removed the ECU connector (forgot the battery -ve, so removed that after removing the ECU connector - was in a hurry :( as I was running short of time). Found that a blue wire was connected, removed the lock clip (purple one) and tried pushing the Blue wire some more and it went in a little, so just to make sure every function other than '-' is working, connected the ECU connector back and then the -ve battery terminal. Turned on the key, with the FES again checked for functions and just thought let me try Cruise '-' as well and it WORKED :cool: ok, so the wire connectivity is not the issue, the ECU connection was loose.

Now comes the nightmare, again removed the ECU connector (now after disconnecting -ve battery terminal) and thought I will fix back the purple lock and then happy that I am done, but to my dismay the purple lock does not fit. I counted the pins and found that the purple lock stops at PIN 86 :( I did not want to pull the wire as I did not want it to snap or come out of the PIN crimping. Then got an idea of using sewing needle to push the pin little outside, thinking it went too much in and got the clip working. Fixed all, now back to testing and the test fails, hmm...Cruise '-' not working again. Now back to zero...

Again remove the clip, push the wire, checked that it works (and it does), so I had to push the wire more inside for the clip to lock and it is pitch dark, so got a torch and back to work and pushed the wire and the wire insulation is very soft and makes it very difficult to push - learning is to get wire with good insulation quality. Bent the wire and pushed it as much as possible and at the same time pushing the purple clip to lock and at last succeeded.

Now all functions work as per FES - road test pending for Cruise '-'. It took close to 2 hrs, as after every action I had to check that I did not screw-up other wires of Cruise.

Happy again....

- - - Merged Post - - -

@PatchyBoy, did we use Stilo JTD in FES to enable the Cruise in MJD or the Fiat Idea 1.4 8v to enable the Cruise in MJD, I remember mwas mentioning to use the Idea one?

All my research leads to the Pins are correct and most likely Fiat has removed the code, which is very remote as it does not make any sense to do such a silly thing considering the cost involved in it.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013