1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    satishgv - thanks for the kind words. There is very little to my credit in the whole thing. Firstly, FIAT put in the code / functionality, but in all their wisdom decided not to use it. Friends in Poland and Russia found a way to enable and use this feature. All I did was to read and understand all their findings and implement it :D

I have a gut feeling that the Eureka moment for the MJD is just round the corner.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

How I wish this materializes soon, we can probably try the different pin combos this weekend. :)
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Need to know what they are. Bbllaazzee is keeping quiet and AFAIK, the Punto diagram shows connection to the BCM. Either he has to post up the diagram he is talking about here, or I have to figure out what it is when I get home. Sadly, pulling out my hair is not an option, at least for me :evilsmile

Rajan
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  5. Need to compare ECU pins and colour of the wiring
  6. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto eLearn is 613 MB, you can download it from the fiat forum The FIAT Forum - Downloads under the Handbooks and Manuals section.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Bbllaazzee - PM me your email address.

Guys, I just rechecked the Punto wiring diagram, which I had already posted here. As pointed out by Bbllaazzee, pins 64 and 40 connect the ECU to the CANBUS. However, in case of the Punto, there are only 2 wires running from the stalk to the BCM - pins 8 and 10 of the steering connector to pins 41 and 34 of the BCM. According to the documentation, there is a 60 pin connector in the Punto's BCM. However, vj_v1 says there is no such connector in our Punto's BCM.

As per the Polish forum, pins 19,20,21,22 of the ECU are to be connected to the stalk for the Linea MJD. We have already tried that without success. This thread and the CC for Punto thread have grown too big and we are just talking in circles. AFAIK, I am personally as close to getting the CC to work on the Linea MJD, as I was 3 months back.

Rajan
  8. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Still in office, so only during breaks I check the forum ;)

I don't know how my post was interpreted. I was just trying to understand the PINs saugat posted and if there is a way we can map it to any of the wiring diagrams we have in the eLearn for MJD.

One of the approaches is that if we can pattern match the wired locations and the empty locations.

Things we know
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. We know that 40 and 64 are wired, but still Pin 20 does not work, which obviously means it is either incorrect pin or we need some other enabling using FES.
    2. Punto and Linea are sharing the ECU for MJD. If so, then why Punto should have CC in BCM and Linea in the ECU?

With this information, I thought of checking if we can match the used pins in the ECU.

Punto's Diesel engine wiring 1.3 MJD 16v
    punto_engine.jpg

We can see that 40 and 64 are connected to the CAN bus and all the pins mentioned is the ECU are wired (at least) as per the ECU pin out given by Saugat. I have to see the Linea eLearn to see if that is any different. We can see the pins 85,35,65,15,41,32 are wired as per the pin-out.

1.3 JTD 16v engine wiring diagram, which has the CC connected to the ECU via PIN 20.
    idea_engine.jpg

here we can see that pin 18 and 86 are also connected to the CAN bus along with 40 and 64, while the pin-out has blanks for 18 and 86. So this and with the things we know, it is possible that MJD Linea might have the CC via BCM. This is just my beginning of research for MJD and I do not own a MJD to test different pin settings or try out the BCM directly. I might be way-off the actual path, just that this triggered my mind, so putting it here, in case it is useful for further investigation.
    1 person likes this.
  9. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    One more catch, the Punto wiring shows that the clutch switch is connected to Pin 22 of ECU, which is not true in the pin-out given by Saugat. Is it possible for someone who owns a MJD to trace the clutch switch wire to ECU (just the wire color match will help). So is the reversing light switch and the brake switch.

@Patchyboy, is it possible to post the Linea MJD wiring diagram.
    1 person likes this.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Fiat Linea MJD cruise control and diesel mgmt wiring diagram from Elearn of Linea

Attached Files:

3 people like this.