1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Of course, Mrs.Rajan's food is unforgettable and she has taken care of my son during this entire installation process.

Meeting you all folks was the icing on the cake and a surprise for me from Rajan.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It is an unforgettable day for me - meet TFIians, CC installed, great food - the entire day went in a zippy - priceless moments...

I am looking at different JTD configurations to see if there is a PIN difference. I assume the MJD is 16v.

@Rajan, I know that we did not get a message, but did we try a test drive with the connections to the ECU - sometimes the MID does not show, but it still works as per the Polish forum you have mentioned. You said one of the TFI member got the stalk for his MJD, should we try some temporary connections to the ECU and check if CC works without MID working?

Another thought is what if like Punto, the Linea MJD also has Body computer connection?

- - - Merged Post - - -

This was done a while ago (actually it was enabled by Rajan, when I first met him to check if CC is present in FIRE), but I confirmed it in this post here after I purchased ELM 327 cable and found the PINS.

Yes, it has to be enabled and proxy alignment needs to be done.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    We already tried this, without success. I have not found any information about CC in the Linea being controlled by BCM anywhere so far.

So, at this point we have hit a dead-end as far as the Linea MJD is concerned, but the search for a solution is still on.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    I need to check the connectors inside the cowl and the wire itself. All wires are of different color, so it is possible one wire is not good. ECU connections are correct, otherwise "+" should not have worked, in case we have mixed the wiring.

May be this weekend I will get into it, if I am not traveling to chennai.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Before opening the cowl, connect to MES software, Engine module, and check the functionality of each operation of the stalk.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    First of all blame to all you guys for occupying the entire morning session in my office (08:00 - 12:00 hrs). It was like reading a novel which you could not postpone. If my boss knows that i have spent all the time reading this thread, probably i will come to you rajan so that you can teach me how to install CC and i will put up a workshop in bangalore. Ofcourse, it will be hypothecated to you:). Awesome jobs guys. Got to go, will praise you guys later.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Good Idea...thanks Rajan.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I was just going through the Punto 90hp MJD Diesel Engine wiring diagram and the pins provided by @saugatchandra and it matches, unlike the JTD diesel engine wiring diagram, which does not match, so thinking the cruise control wiring given under JTD is incorrect(which is what we are trying - PIN 20). Rajan can you PM me the Linea eLearn?

Update: Punto wiring diagram also has PIN 40 and 64 as out.
    1 person likes this.
  7. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    bbllaazzee can you message me the punto elearn.. also can you put pictures of punto wiring scheme..
    thanks..
  8. Great news bbllaazzee
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Messaging elearns on PM may not be possible. The Linea elearn I have is only in Turkish and Italian and is 178 MB. The Punto elearn is about 700 MB, I think.

Please do this. Maybe saugatchandra will be able to connect to the correct pins and check to see if anything happens.

Rajan
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Rajan, I understood the famous qoute of Thomas Alva Edisson that "Innovation is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration" after reading these 47 pages. Also, i understood your signature and lastly what a "boy" you are ;). What have you done man? Look how many people you have inspired, including me, by doing something which somebody seldom thinks of and even more dares to carry out. I don't have words to sing your praise as i am too late for that as many of us had already used all the sort of words available in english vocabulary. How did i miss this thread for such a long time :hit.

The first thing i did after reading your thread to see whether i have the CC symbol in my console (stupid isn't it?) and then i tried to see what make is my ECU. I won't say that i want CC in my car but sure you have given the spark. Lets see whether it ignites or dies away.

I captured this from my ECU
    IMG_20131112_124834.jpg

Its not clear but i have seen similar one like this in one of the posts. I was even afraid of adding some extra lighting as a DIY but you played with ECU knowing the fact that it could be a disaster if something goes wrong. kudos man. Glued to this thread to find out the whose MJD is the first FIAT to have CC in India. By the way you mentioned about BCM what is that?. Also, congratulations to bbllaazzee too
    1 person likes this.