1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    In this set of your data i find two interesting pair

[TABLE="class: cms_table_grid, width: 500"]
    <tbody>
    [TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 172"]
    <tbody>
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl65, width: 172"]281 00 80 80 46 00 00 00 00
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/TD]

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 172"]
    <tbody>
    [TD="class: cms_table_xl65, width: 172"]281 00 82 80 46 00 00 00 00
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

Generally its in following format

Header + Data + Checksum
    In the above pair there looks like an communication happening, between sender and receiver or its on / off communication.

Probably doing
    ATSH 281 00 80 80 46 00 00 00 00
    Should perform the same action for which this was logged.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@ bbllaazzee congrats, can you share the photo of your ecu connector with your pin placed and also marking the other 3 pins that we would be required to use for same. Although you have given pin numbers, but i guess a photo with position will give much better idea to every one.

Thanks
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Tried this today morning. I tried both ATSH 281 00 80 80 46 00 00 00 00 and ATSH 281 00 82 80 46 00 00 00 00. Nothing happened. No message on the MID.

Later when I started the car and headed out, I switched on CC out of curiosity and it was not working. LED did not come on and no message on MID. However, when I pulled over, switched the engine off and recranked, it was back to normal. Looks like we are on the right track :D

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  3. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks, sure will post the pin positions.
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Another angle to this exercise, Bosch ECUs which are imported have more chances of supporting CC than a Made for India Magneti Marelli.
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Done. You were right with your observations. Those are the only unique values. Here is what I did:

1. Ran ATMA for 5 seconds and got a baseline
    2. Ran again, but switched on CC this time
    3. Stopped, switched on CC and ran again - switched off CC this time
    4. Ran once again, this time switched on and switched off CC. There is an additional unique value in this run. I think that might be responsible for the MID message.

Here is a snapshot of the summary

CC Can Bus.JPG

Tried attaching the original dump, that I put into an excel sheet for analysis, but unable to. Hence shared here. Let me know your thoughts.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  6. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Wow great going. On curious question, if we are able to find the hex dumps, is it possible to program the ECU to add CC functionality in ECU's that does not have it. Like how tuners load ECU maps for engine tuning.?????:confused:
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks a ton patchyboy for taking all the efforts and for sure its giving very fruitful results :)
    Welcome to the world of ECU HACKERS :)

Primary deduction is that
    ATSH 281 00 82 80 46 00 00 00 00 is for CC ON and
    ATSH 281 00 80 80 46 00 00 00 00 is for CC OFF.

Moving forward we see that more than 100 time same commands is generated in canbus datalog. So my logic says that unlike digital world when we press a button only request is sent, here the analog switch is sending constant 12V power to ECU where by the ECU in a periodic basis converting the analog to digital and generating that CC ON or CC OFF data where by we get lot of data on same in Dump.

Probably firing
    ATSH 281 00 82 80 46 00 00 00 00 for 5 - 10 times within few seconds should show up the Cruise Control ON on the screen for the cars where its enabled.

Will try this :) Thanks Patchyboy.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Not that straight forward, hex dumps and pushing commands are totally different then writing on EEPROM of ECU
    3 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I doubt that. From my reading, this can be used to send commands over the CAN BUS to perform different activities, that are already available. For example, coupled with a PE sensor, it might be possible to write code to turn on the headlamps, or you might be able to roll up the window glass from the keyfob, or you can motorize the rear glass roll-up sun screen. These are a few things. The possibilities are actually endless and mind boggling. In a bid to learn and try, I have ordered this credit card sized computer -

2291620-40.jpg

Glad to be of help. I have to thank you for pointing me towards this fascinating world of robotics and automation. I have barely scratched the surface, but am immensely enjoying it already, though my wife thinks I am getting crazier by the day :D.

Any pointers to more reading, specifically understanding and deciphering the CAN BUS data for FIAT would be much appreciated.

Rajan
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Wouldn't a Raspberry pi be cheaper and easily available in India? i didn't look at the specs but is this one more powerful? Or may be an Android Mini PC, But then the one easiest to do the task you intend is recommended i guess.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All of them would suit fine. This is the newest player and is far more powerful. I have actually ordered it to be delivered in the US and a friend will be carrying it back. So, the cost is $45, not too much more expensive than the others.

Rajan