1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    No I didnt removed any resistor as it worked out of box for me.

Given below is sample output, you can clearly see some of the hex codes are repeated, these are the repeated can bus msg that keep flowing, one have to figure out the unique one that he has created by performing certain action, hence we need a static state data record for say 5 secs and then next 5 sec record with our action performed and then find the diff to get that command.

2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The scanner was totally dead without the resistor so it had to be removed.

The one i removed was indeed between the CAN H and CAN L from what i remember.
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    From the below link of bulgarian fiat forum you can see lots of docs on the standards used by FIAT vehicles. If you are electronics hobbyist this is a treasure.

Index of /Diagnostic

More over I saw some repair manual also in one of the folders. Enjoy.

Regards
    Gopi
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    amolraut likes this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks Pemmasg, i have in past shared the same and asked mods to make a replica of same on TFI if its not Copyright issue etc.
    There are many such handy docs available on european sites.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Viny - Both my devices return ELM327 V1.5. I got a friend with a device (Resistor not removed) to connect and check. Even for him AT MA is not working. I believe the problem is this - cheap Chinese clones use a 120 Ohm resistor between CAN H and CAN L to terminate. Such devices have problems connecting with other modules of MultiECUScan, except engine control module. Removal of this resistor allows them to work with the software correctly and connects to all modules.

However according to the ELM 327 datasheet, the right way to terminate is - CAN > 100 Ohm Resistor > 560 pF capacitor > earth. This applies for bot H and L. Could you please tell me if I get these resistors and capacitors and solder them in, will it work? That would save me having to buy another scanner. I cannot buy another Chinese clone and will have to get a genuine one, which costs big bucks. Ideally, if you are able to open your scanner and see how it is terminated, we might get a clue.

@Ramesh - Could you try with you BT device and let me know if it works?

Thanks,

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  6. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    i have got this dump in the past with my elmscan 5 (also works fully well with fiatecuscan: could access ALL fiat linea 'ecu' nodes) , got it from amazon us some 3 years ago. i have forgotten the steps.

i need to spend some time alone with my linea. :p
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sure.

Can you send me step by step process to verify this? I really didnt get what is being talked with last couple of pages. :D

I have my flight Saturday early morning. I can test this tonight or tomorrow for sure.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Firstly, download and install ELM327 Terminal on your Android device. Plug in your OBD device, turn key to MAR and go to settings in the SW and connect.

Step wise
    a. => AT I
    You should get “ELM327 v1.4b" or some other version of ELM
    b. => AT SP0
    This is to tell the system to use automatic protocol. You should get "OK" as result
    c. => AT MA
    This will start dumping the canbus data on screen. Press "Enter" to stop the dump.

Rajan
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Download ELM 327 terminal from Play Store.

Open it, connect to your OBD scanner through BT.

Then u can select list of commands from a drop down on the right. Select AT MA command. If you get some hexa dump it's working, else it's not. :D
    uploadfromtaptalk1381412341285.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Looks simple. Will test shortly and post the update. :)