1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK people. The next attempt at another useful feature starts. As a prelude, downloaded and installed the FIAT advanced plug-in for Torque Pro. It gives access to a lot of FIAT specific sensors. Also installed RacingMeter for Torque Pro, not that I need it, but because it looked cool :D

Question for Viny and vj_v1 - No success with reading CAN BUS data with AT MA command. Viny - have you tried it? Vj_v1 - did you also remove the resistor between CAN H and CAN L. I suspect it might have something to do with this. I got overenthusiastic and removed that resistor from both my wired as well as my BT scanner. I might order one more, if someone is able to confirm that it works on a scanner with the resistor intact.

Rajan

PS: Everyone that said that CC is not useful in Indian Highways were absolutely right. On the recent drive from Bangalore to Hubli and back (about 900 kms), I used the CC extensively. Most times it was set to 100 kmph as indicated by the speedo (94 kmph GPS). I managed a trip average speed of 87 kmph, got a mileage of 19.1 kmpl. CC is not just useful on Indian Highways, but IMMENSELY so. :D
    9 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good one Rajan. :D

CC is still seems to be a dream for my car.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks guys. Already have that plug-in installed Gurjinder. Thanks for the pointer.

Rajan
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Nice. I have a huge academic interest in seeing if the bone stock T-Jet is seeing knock and consqeuently, pulling timing, under any condition using normal 91RON.

Assuming this plugin does the job.

Cheers.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I installed the plug-in way back when the car was still new and was hesitant to do an Italian tune-up, which this plug in asked for. Never tried again. Shall try when possible and post the results. Would have tried right now, but the car is parked in the driveway, already :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @patchyboy, I have tried all the given commands and have dumps too, i didnt got time to filter out the actions commands (hex code) for some of the specific actions that i performed.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Cool. What scanner hardware did you use? A link to the product purchase page will be much appreciated.

Rajan
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Plain Bluetooth ELM, cheap chinese copy, nothing special here.
    I got it from shenzen, no online link, sorry.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No resistor removal? I removed it (120 Ohm between CAN H and CAN L) as described in the MultECUScan forum, as my adapter refused to work. I somehow suspect that to be the reason for this issue.

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013