1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Folks who said newer T-Jets engine and components are localised now, you may not be true. Atleast with the ECU, which is vital for enabling cruise control. Met up with my buddy Flywheel today and checked the ECU of his brand new T-Jet. It's still the same 'Made in Hungary' ones as in the older Jets. Here is a pic. uploadfromtaptalk1380989511373.jpg
    3 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I tried with the ELM 327 Terminal app from my Android tablet as well as with Hyper terminal from my Windows laptop, but the command AT MA does not work. It just keeps saying searching and then nothing happens. Enclosed is a pdf with all available AT commands for the ELM 327 device. Hope it helps.

Rajan

View attachment ELM327_AT_Commands.pdf
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Patchyboy, did you tried following set of commands on ELM 327 Terminal app

Step wise

a. => AT I
    You should get “ELM327 v1.4b" or some other version of ELM

b. => AT SP0
    This is to tell the system to use automatic protocol. You should get "OK" as result

c. => AT MA
    This will start dumping the canbus data on screen. Press "Enter" to stop the dump.

Was your key at "MAR" position?
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes to all the questions asked Viny. I did follow your instructions from the previous post to the letter.

Rajan
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    When I brought nov 2010 they engine and major were imported but now the they engine is manufactured at ranjagon plant , even in our existing cars major electronics and controllers, even mechanical belt,tubes are imported :)
  6. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    I tried the stuff in my Linea FIRE, but do not have the multiecuscan software to enable cruise light. With the free version I am only able to check the ABS and Airbag. I think the multisecuscan is machine specific, so contemplating if I have to put 50EUR on that software. Is there any other free software that I can use.

I did connect 12V to pin 58 of the ECU(FIRE specific), I could hear additional systems getting initiated by sound when 12V is given to 58 (in comparison to removing the connection from pin 58).

Some people have reported that even if the MID does not show, it works, so looking for a spare stalk or have to make some wiring jugaad to do a test drive. Or connect the +/- of the Blue& me switches in steering.

The ECU in Linea FIRE (Made in Germany and it is Bosch ME 7.9.1 as in TJet)

IMG_20131003_212850.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Check your PM.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am eagerly waiting for the results in your car. I have a feel like it may work in 1.4 FIRE.
    1 person likes this.
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras

Rajan sir!

me too in the band.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It will work for sure, Made in Germany ECU. :p