1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    vj v1: Yes this can be done via Putty, i did the same but the problem was that there was no line breaks, then logging the data and also has to play buad rates to avoid buffer overflows etc. On the other hand the ELM Terminal is much better and easier way :)
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Gotcha, I guess there would be a few options like Text wrap, line discipline etc that need to be checked to make it readable. Anyway, it is best to do it the easier way.
  3. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Patchyboy: any luck with cruise control on 1.3 multijet? can you PM me your number if you do not mind me bugging you a little bit.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No luck yet. The owners of other variants do not seem to be as keen as I am and sadly, I own only one T-Jet.

Rajan
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am still very much keen on that, Rajan. :D

Just waiting for Italia-Linea to confirm with his test again. He has promised that he will. We may need to wait for some more time. :)
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  6. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    i am very interested too.. already got hold of a alfa romeo cc stalk, though its still in uk. i am not very aware of the OBD scanner and etc, but being a marine engineer i can do things with my hands, do let me know how i could get in touch with you and take this thing forward.
  7. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    I am just wondering: can this be done in a less intrusive manner? Say, no stalk. wiring connected to the gpio pins of a raspberry pi? thinking of a glorified carputer .

or if we can pass CC instructions via canbus, use obdii port and make this completely removable.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Rpm19050 have you read last 15-20 posts
    1 person likes this.
  9. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    read. I hope rajan can give us the dump.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Viny, have you ever checked if you were able to see data dumping from the OBD port? I tried it for like 5 mins a few days ago and didn't see anything coming in. I might have done something wrong but the scope of doing it wrong is pretty low since there nothing much to it. I terminal software i tried using were putty and SecureCRT, used a wired OBD scanner. I'll recheck when i get an opportunity again.

VJ