1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Fired up the Cruise Control Actuator and saw green lights at left corner of console in Linea 1.4 Fire :) Not sure if this means the gateway is there or not, but sharing some details, pacthyboy might pour in some insights.

In list of configured control units it says not present, thus resulting not active in List of active control units. See the screenshots.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Given that Patchyboy has got cruise control on, just wondering if we can get the addtional nodes like Self Adaptive Headlamp nodes or Hapatic Lane Feedback node (gives a feedback if you switch lanes unkowingly), or Parking Sensor Node

I guess it has opened up a big pandora box of adding various nodes and enjoying lots of additional features :)

Can we get the more details about the various nodes for better understanding the functionalities of same :)
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Are you using MultiECUScan? And is it a registered product as well?

We (Me and PatchyBoy) are searching one (multiecuscan) for doing some more experiments on the 1.3 MJD.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

ramjn, yes its registered multiecuscan ;)

@patchyboy: Will you please reserve few MQS clips for me or let me know from where you ordered the same. Thanks
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Did you buy one? Sorry for asking too many questions on this. I am just going curious to know. PM me the details if you don't like to post on the forum. :)

You should have read the thread entirely. Here's the link of the post from Rajan where you can find the source to get the MQS connectors - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourse...-cruise-control-now-active-19.html#post183701
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Ramjn: I went through all the pages :) but you know in excitement forgot the other minute details on availability of parts :p
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If the CC light comes on, that means that the LED is present in the dashboard and nothing else. What you are seeing as disabled in the screenshots is "Adaptive Cruise Control". I am yet to investigate that feasibility :D

For normal CC, all you need to do is - connect pin 58 in the ECU to a switched + 12V supply. Now when you turn the key to MAR and turn the switch on to pin 58, you should see "Cruise Control On" message in the MID. If this happens you have CC. Here is the wiring diagram for 1.4 16V FIRE

Linea 1.4 Fire CC.JPG

I still have more than 35 MQS connector left with me. I can send you some, if you need. Or you can buy from the link Ramesh has posted, but minimum order is 50.

As for the other possibilities, I would look at it as a world of opportunities and not a Pandora box :D. But, you are right in your observation. All of those features can be added / activated. Some of them may need extra wiring and extra sensors, though :). With your participation in this thread, I am sure we can see a lot of progress in making our cars match those sold internationally.

Rajan
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thanks patchyboy for the details :)

And here is the new Linea 2013/14 with CC stalk.
    I am not sure if it will be available as spare part, or even if this will be available that the price that we got from car breakers.

50167d1376899249-scoop-2014-linea-caught-testing-india-linea-3.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Viny. This was already posted in the 'Linea 2014' thread. Here, the car being tested is the T-Jet and we are not sure if Fiat will provide the CC on MJD's too. While the CC is working on T-Jets sold in India, we are still not sure if it will work on MJD's too.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    <sarcasm>I am really surprised with FIAT providing this feature. This is pretty useless in Indian Highways, I was told :D
    </sarcasm>
    Glad to be of help Viny. Please ask away whatever you might want to know and I will be more than happy to respond with what ever I know (very little, actually). If we get this working in your car, then we will at least know that it will work in a 1.4 FIRE as well.

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    2 people like this.