1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Hey Rajan, I read in another thread you are going for the 2nd service. Are you going to dismantle everything you have done? Wont you lose the warranty if it isn't dismantled?
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am yet to get the second "free" service done. According to popular belief, I will not lose warranty. I did not cut any wires :D

Having said that, I think I will lose warranty on the electricals/electronics. Maybe even the engine. Heck, the whole car. I have the following options:

1. Get it serviced at the FASS, hoping I will not lose warranty, bracing myself for new issues / scratches to pop up
    2. Get it done outside, warranty be damned
    3. Do the service myself

Haven't decided on what I am going to do.

Rajan
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The main warranty and extended warranty comes into picture when something breaks and the car reaches FASS. When something breaks and the car reaches FASS, one may not get a chance to remove an extra device fitted by us, making the warranty void. Unless, of course, what we fix is 100% plug-and-play and is easily removable.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Option 3 is the best but without a proper shop to do it in its going to be difficult.
    i would suggest you stick with the FIAT service only for a while at least and here are the reasons.
    At least with "Free" services you are not charged much, only a few hundreds so why not make the most use out of it. Especially if you stand through the service you can build a rapo with that service fellow you can ask him to attend to other small niggles for free.

Secondly there is really nothing (at least w.r.t diesels) that needs to be done till the 60K service unless one becomes too nosy and starts replacing things beforehand (Like me).

Finally if SA happens to figure out your cruise control and immediately deems your car out of warranty then to hell with them. Just ask them how many EW / W have they honoured without any fuss and ask them to shut there A$$ and just get the service done.
    If you dont wish to talk like that then just make do with a smile and ok :)

Either way at least till substantial amounts start rolling out of your pockets try to stick with fiat
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Actually option 3 is the least expensive as well. Considering that this is just the second free service, it can be done in a driveway. I think I know a way to even check the underbody, without a hoist :D

Rajan
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    and when you mentioned driveway i think i have a hint of what you might be trying ;-)
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Get it done at FASS, no one at FASS in his wildest dream can think about someone implementing cruise control, at max they can think that your cr came with the given device / stick. That to chances are 99% they would not even notice the presence of it.
    1 person likes this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Arey, nothing will go void. U can install whatever you want, they'll never figure it out. Unless you aree a customer who keeps fighting with them for small things.

Dont lose the warranty by not getting it serviced at the sc on time. Some part or the other keeps failing and you will have to pay for it and that will pinch u. I have got a bunch of parts changed under warranty in the last couple of years. People think extended warranty is a myth but u can extract a lot out of it if u play the right game, and the single most important thing for ew is to follow the service schedule.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Wow!!! I just read through the entire thread and what an awesome awesome job , simply superb , i would not do 10% of the stuff you have done. Really strong perseverance and immensely helpful to everyone!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    I was planning for last weekend, but it started raining on Saturday evening and Sunday was held with other work at home. How is 9th looking (Ramzan holiday). Now sourcing the Cruise control stalk is going to be a pain, as I saw only one in eBay for 65 pounds.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013