1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I guess we can try. Would be nice if we are also able to find a Punto 75 HP and a Punto 90 HP, so we put an end to all ambiguity :D

I will get back to you later in the week buddy. Closer to Friday.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hello rajan sir, My punto 75HP is ready for you to try this weekend.:D
    Pls let me knw the time.

Thanks
    Sunil

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  3. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Rajan, let me see if I can get my friend's 75HP punto as well. Once it is positive for Linea FIRE, I would order the items :D.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I think we should have a separate thread where people who want CC with Rajan's help can add their names. instead of everyone bugging him individually, all can gather at one place at the same time. This will save Rajan's time.

having more number of people might be helpful in sourcing parts also.

what say Rajan?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have no problems buddy. But would prefer if we go about it with a plan. Here is what I propose:

1. Let us short list owners of every variant - one each
    2. We already know it works in T-Jet and Linea MJD, so they can be excluded
    3. Let us fix a date, time and venue. I am OK with this Saturday - 27th July
    4. Once we know which variants support this feature, we can publish here
    5. Once done, who ever is interested, can gather all required components
    6. If we want to do a collective install, then I can shop for the small components like wires / connectors, etc.
    7. Even then, each one will have to get their own stalk. Heads Up - could not find one willing to ship to India. Found one in ebay Italy. New. Costs almost 100 euros + shipping.

My research for Punto has varying reports and also indicates that a connection to the BCM is required, unlike the Linea.

Punto links:

Italian Forum Thread 1
    Italian Forum Thread 2
    MultiECUScan forum
    FIATForum

Searching those forums might yield more info.

Rajan
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Contrary to popular belief, I find Cruise Control to be quite useful on any highway (not only Expressway) provided "RESUME" button is on the steering or is placed such that it's very handy to use without taking off your vision from the road.

Great DIY, Rajan !!! :up
    2 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks.

I have actually been using it in city outskirts for the past few days and find it quite useful. I set the CC at 50 kmph and Resume whenever possible. True that I have to "Resume" quite a few times, but I find that my gearshifts and brake usage has reduced dramatically and as a consequence I am seeing an improvement of 15% FE, at least on MID. The one place where FE takes a hit is when I am unable to resist the urge to push the A pedal to overtake a slow moving vehicle :D

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  8. We accept you as and how you are.. Mr Genius...!! i am not surprised on hearing that the Rev sensor display mod gives you more satisfaction than the CC itself. :)
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    At last, the deed is done and it is finally complete :D

After crimping the MQS connectors:

IMG_1065.jpg

One wire already plugged in. So you are seeing only three wires. All four wires connected to the plug. The MQS connecters go in only one way and lock with a reassuring click.

IMG_1066.jpg

The wire bundle tied back as it originally was and the entry point to the corrugated tube wound with insulation tape.

IMG_1067.jpg

The corrugated pipe routed and tied up.

IMG_1068.jpg

As a bonus, when I get in the car and turn the key to MAR, along with all other check lights that come on, the CC light also comes on and goes off after 2 seconds.

thats_all_folks.jpg

Rajan
    18 people like this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Rajan, i would require some MQS connectors. Can you please reserve few for me. I am not able to find correct connectors that would be fail safe. So tried and proven MQS connectors by you would be great.

And yes i forgot one more thing. let the corrugated pipe bend down right near the ECU so that water does not flow from the wires to ECU. Just a U loop.
    1 person likes this.