1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards glossy, only because the Linea has a taller stance. As for starting the work on the project, sorry to disappoint, it is going to take a bit of time. I first need to decide what to do, source the required components and only then start. I would hate to do all of this in a piecemeal fashion. :D

Sure. I have really not made up my mind on CF as I have a nagging doubt that it will end up looking CF over kill. I am also considering plain matt black paint. Lets see :D

Rajan
  2. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Seen this. The picture does not even seem to be that of a Linea ORVM. Will need to see the product in flesh and blood, before deciding :D

Rajan
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Anyone who has taken their door panels off, please help:

1. Is the beige part detachable from the black part? I mean is it held by clips or is it plastic rivetted?
    2. How is the fabric covered arm rest part on the door panel attached? Is it removable?

A picture of the inside of the door panel would be of great help.

Thanks,

Rajan
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Project - Linea T-Jet Sport

Rajan, given that the Punto and the Linea share the same design, here are my inputs from my observations.

The fabric trims are NOT removable. They are moulded to the door pad.

Had to reorder the part then since the door pad having the wrong color of fabric was shipped.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ouch. Anyone changed the fabric colour or to leather? Would it be possible to wrap it in leather seamlessly? How would it be finished if it is not detachable?

Rajan
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure if I understood your query correctly.

The fabric part on the door and the armrest was leather-ed in my Linea. But, I don't remember if they changed it or they just wrapped on top of it.

DSC01273.jpg
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Ramjn. Spent that last hour or so reading up the Seat Covers thread and saw that you and a few others have wrapped the door arm rests. So, it surely is doable :D

Rajan
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    some pics of a fellow tfi member Justin's linea...done by stanley !! in the theme you are looking at..full jet black..
    74974_502922979747478_299805853_n.jpg
    73295_502922936414149_557473859_n.jpg
    481299_502922933080816_62978667_n.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks varunrtr. Almost the same as I have in mind.

Thanks a lot,
    Rajan