1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree with you. The manual itself suggests not to use in city traffic. Also, in highways where we can expect cattle, dogs, cyclists on the wrong side that too in the fast lane, we may not be able to use CC for very long duration, without breaking and resuming.

My point was - it is a more useful and more used feature that having rain sensing wipers. I mean, do these people have any idea how frequently we get unexpected rains? However, let me tell you this - if I find out that those features are available in my Jet, but are just disabled, I will be the first one to enable it and post up about it. It is like paying for a non A/C room, only to find out it is actually an A/C room, with the unit switched off. So, I pay for non A/C and then switch it on :D. Best of both worlds.

Come to think of it, I am sure quite a few Linea owners would be interested in enabling CC, not because they are in desperate need or because they are going to use it everyday. That would be their way of thumbing their nose at FIAT haters :D

Personally, why did I do it? Because I found out I could. But if I look deep down into the deepest, darkest corner of my heart, it appears to be more for claiming my 15 minutes of fame :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    12 people like this.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Great work Rajan!!!

CC has its own advantages on highways. I have found it to be very useful on US highways. In India, it would be of good use on expressways such as Yamuna and some other 4 lane highways

CC has its own risks: I have seen people dozing off while driving at night with CC on
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    May be a keyless start-stop switch should have been helpful than rain sensing wipers.

OT: Speaking of that, what's the feasibility of a keyless start stop in Punto and Linea. Hope punto evo has it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Rajan,

I would like to have my Punto 1.3 75hp CC'ed as experiment. I am from Bangalore so I guess I get to your place sooner than the HYBD/Chennai Puntos ;). Can we work it out?
  5. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    For this confession
    DOEhPVt.gif
    3 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I keep hearing this from many people. Some times I wonder if any of them are really serious, or are they just being sarcastic.

Anyway, here is the deal:

1. Post #184 has all the required components - gather them.
    2. Once you have everything you need, PM me.
    3. Lets then fix up a date / time / place where we can meet up and do this.

Same offer for the Linea's too. I can give you the left over MQS connectors, after I am done finishing , my car - @ Rs. 8.00 each. I paid that much, so that is just the cost. If you want me to help with installation. then you can of course use my ELM 327 OBD Scanner / FiatECUScanner software and other tools.

Rajan
    9 people like this.
  7. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Congratulations Fiatians !!! Thanks to Rajan's efforts we now know of CC in linea's and may be even Punto's ;). And yes I take PRIDE to show fiat-haters/critics the thread/video of the CC in action in Rajan car.

The Whole tread is so informative and interesting. Besides how to enable CC, Rajan you have also thought how to use Google translator to get hidden information. The write up on how you researched for this feature is amazing

Sujit

(P.s. @Rajan, any chance of a polished 2 min video for youtube? )
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. Rajan Sir,
    I am gathering all the required parts,please reserve few MQS clips for me. It would be great if you can fix a charge for helping us,please dont read me wrong.
    All your hard work should not be free.
    4 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Sujit. I will shoot one and upload, maybe this weekend, when I am done connecting the ECU properly.

I will set aside MQS clips for you Sat. Glad to know that you have started gathering the necessary parts. As for a charge, I will leave it to each individual. I am touched that you are willing to acknowledge the value of all the hard work. Thanks.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Rajan, I am in Bangalore and would like to find the pin for Linea 1.4 Fire, PM me if this weekend is good for a meet.