1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok coming to the case of CC, Patchyboy a question for you Sir
    do you feel that anywhere there could be a case of CC malfuntion and holding on to the pre set speed even though you are trying to decelerate ?
    Or would you rest the case by saying an electronic malfunction can happen anywhere and have horrific results.

shams, joking

the only reason i'm asking is you've tinkered with heavy electronics here
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Theoretically, the CC should stop working in case of a malfunction. Hypothetically, if the situation you are talking about happens - I am understanding it as you apply brakes, but the car does not slow down as the CC is refusing to cut off - if you have set to sane speeds, it would still be a matter of just switching off the CC, I guess. Now if even that does not work, I guess one will crash :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    When all electronics go full-retard, just press in the clutch and you will disconnect the engine from the drivetrain. No more power delivery to the wheels. The engine can rev to the moon if it feels like but atleast a crash will be averted.

One of the benefits of a fast-dying breed - the manual gearbox.

Cheers.
    12 people like this.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

This took me 10 years back.
    Sigh those were days in college.
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Huge respect Rajan! Now I am dying to do this to mine that I am going to pester you a lot over the next few weeks. Maybe even bump into you in Bengaluru on one of my trips (I'm there tomorrow and day after) to demand a TD, haha! Don't be scared - I was just kidding about the TD!
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks. If you are indeed in B'lore, we can maybe meetup so you can check the installation. Most welcome to do a TD as well, but you will have to promise not to drive it like a TD car :D

As a matter of fact, if we had a stalk, we could have done the installation in your car tomorrow :)

Rajan

PS: Guess you will be flying in. The perils of being a petrol head. You always assume that people drive, where ever they need to go.
    3 people like this.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Thanks for the offer. Would love to check out the installation in person. But I can only find time on Thursday evening (maybe a brief meeting - you tell me if it is comfortable - I honestly don't want to intrude on your personal time).

As for treating the car, I have never ever driven a TD car like a maniac as a lot of people do. As a matter of principle, it isn't the right thing to do. So please be assured. I have driven my own cars pretty enthusiastically though. :D

Alas I am not driving to Bangalore Rajan, otherwise I would have camped outside your house (bollywood style) and demanded that you help me do the installation. :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajan,
    im new to CC.
    Does the programme required to function CC looks into the engine's RPM or the calculated speed what we see on the MID ?
    just in case if a tire profile is changed.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am thinking neither, but not so sure. The CC seems to read the real speed internally. It is supposed to activate from 30 kmph, but activates when the speedo shows something a tad more than 30. I will try and do a GPS speed test one of these days and post the results.

BTW, people, correction - You must have heard me say that the CC activates from 40 kmph in the video. The manual pages posted in this thread is right. It does activate from 30 kmph onwards. Doesn't work in 1st gear and reverse gear. So, the manual's description looks pretty accurate, but for a copy/paste error :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats Rajan, in many places you have mentioned Linea in common, does it mean this works in 1.4 FIRE as well or it is specific to TJet?

Hats off again - I had been thinking of how stupid it is of FIAT to not provide CC in Linea for long comfortable drives on such a capable car all this while and this DIY brings my dream of having CC on Linea to life.