1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    wow, Congrats on the achievement Patchyboy :)
    I'm reading through your thread and would love to install it in my car very soon.

Watched the entire video.
    This feature is amazing. Why would FIAT just have it there and not give it to us.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Just managed to find my box of resistors, capacitors and diodes from college. The last time i even saw this box was 6 yrs ago. Need google to figure out the color code now. :evilsmile Don't seem to have a 330 Ohm specifically, will use something close to the number for the next step this weekend.

Im reading that Punto needs something to do with the Body computer and a leonardo program. Rajan - Is the MID thing works when 12v is connected to the right pin, will all that BCM stuff still be required?

DSC04630.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Hats off to you Rajan. Now you can claim the patent from FIAT INDIA for Cruise Control in Indian FIAT. Hope Fiat India is reading your thread and thinking to provide this. May be I am little optimististic.
    2 people like this.
  4. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Rajan

Wow!! Congrats on completing the DIY successfully. This is some seriously awesome work!! :up

I have a doubt, a silly one probably:p Though punto and linea have almost same internals, what made you think that they may be having different methods for activating CC or why were you specifically searching for CC on Linea instead of following method for Punto?

Also please share any links that you have come across, for Punto multijet.

Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Congrats PathyBoy,
    One of the most interesting thread & DIY on TFI. Many - many thanks for sharing your experience with us. It needs a great courage & dedication for what you have done & that too to the perfection. For all these days I was thinking Cruise control is some kind of rocket science & cost a lot. But your thread has enlightened my limited knowledge about CC. The way (step by step & video) you explained in DIY, I think with a little attention & precision others TFI members can also do it now in a fraction of the amount spent.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the appreciation everybody.

I am insisting that the method I used works only on the Linea, for two reasons:

1. I have not tried on a Punto, so I don't know if it will work

2. The process described here is different. Haven't studied it in depth.

Many Punto owners have expressed interest. If any Punto owner actually allows me access to his car and is willing to take the risk, I am ready to try on a Punto and post a "How to" guide, if successful.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    vj_v1 time to remember: B.B. Roy of Great Britain Has a Very Good Wife :p

Sorry others, its the color code chart.. ;)

Rajeev
    4 people like this.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    @Rajan: I'm just a budding DIY guy and may be the following question is irrelevant.

Shouldn't a relay be used between the CC stalk and the ECU to avoid the CC stalk switch doing the load transition? I'm not sure about the amount of electrical load, but still is it advisable to let a switch in dashboard handle the entire load?

Pardon my ignorance and correct me if I am wrong with my assumptions.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    So am I buddy. No question is irrelevant

I have no idea. This is how everyone has installed in other countries. I have followed the same steps. At least the Bravo installation document I referred to, categorically states that this is how it is wired OE, from the factory :D

Rajan
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks for clarifying. A budding DIY guy cannot do such a clean CC installation :)