1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Haha, coincidentally i was looking up the parts sheet to see if that specific plastic trim is available separately this morning. Since i was sure i would screw up if at all i were to do something with it.

Apparently, didn't find the part in the sheet. Is it available? I've seen you playing with ABS plastic in the past so i think you'll even manage to make a trim on your own if you don't get the part i guess. :D

Good news about the connectors. Please shoot a video of the connector installation if possible/ lot of detailed photos will do. That seems to be the most complicated part of the installation so minute details will be useful.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Part number 735410521. That comes with the additional hole for the CC, but that would be an eyesore with this stalk. Let me talk to the SC and see if I can source that part locally. I also checked 99rpm.com, but this is not listed. I think I will call / email them and find out.

Making my own with ABS is possible, but finding a piece with texture match may be difficult. Lets see. I am going to use it as is for now :D

Will most certainly post pics / video (if possible) of the MQS installation. Given that it is barely 1 mm square, I am sure it is going to be a tough job crimping it without the proper tool. I am going to first try on a spare piece of wire. If not satisfied, then I will have to go hunt for a crimping tool.

Rajan
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Rajan sir,

The figures are mind blowing. :)

I have a question for you, Does the CC resets on breaking or acceleration? Like default behavior of CC?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. The CC cuts off on Braking / depressing clutch. However, on accelerating the car goes faster and reverts back to the previous speed once you take your leg off the 'A' pedal. After braking / depressing clutch, you can press the "RES" button and the car goes back to the set speed. However, this being a MT, you have to remember to first get to 5th gear. If you press "RES" in third, the engine revs up to match the set speed :D

Rajan
    8 people like this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Wow Rajan, atlast you did it perfectly. Kudoos to you. I suggest you request for new thread, and we can make that thread sticky on the home page of our forum. Its surely a pride of our forum.

Secondly i tried this on my linea MJD, i opened the connectors, connected wires in the pins you mentioned, +12 volts from battery box and took a home audio switch and soldered wired to that and clicked the switch on off.

The Cruise control works on the MJD too. Dint dare to test it by putting the car in ignition.
    So one thing is clear the CC stalk provides on off and pulse for speed. Instead of the Other type of cruise controls which has dashboard switches i think CC stalk is better OEM like fit.

I would require your help to try it out on my MJD perfectly. I know it will work now, but i am not too confident to start the car and try this jugaad switches.

So my action plan would be:

1. Find a good CC stalk
    2. Get those connectors - today i has pressed the wire somehow with thin pins - not worth the risk, at one point 12+ volt sparked out
    3. Plan to get OEM wire which has perfect guage and resistance

Will require your guidance on this, million thanks in advance:p

One thing i want to avoid is the proxy alignment on my car. Already my factory deck is out and custom canbus stalk and new headunit is present. One alignment and it will throw and error.
    6 people like this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Did you get "Cruise Control On" message on the MID and did the green LED come on? If that is the case, you do not need proxi alignment. In the Linea, just connecting the 4 wires to the ECU pins and the 5th wire to +12V, enables cruise control. Proxi alignment is only required to activate the LED and the message on the MID.

@ramjn - here is the confirmation you are looking for. Italia_Linea has tested and found that the MJD supports CC as well :clap

Rajan

PS: @Italia_Linea - You are a MOD yourself. If you feel this is worth an independent thread, sticky on the home page, consider this as the request to do so. I will be glad to share the credit with TFI. India's first FIAT with CC, only on TFI :D
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    5 people like this.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Yeah, i did get that on MID as well as the green LED in the left bottom lit up with a dial and needle kind of mark.

Ok let me figure out - from which post to create new thread and will ask Amogh to put it on home page :)

An you ask me is it worth ?? " Its worth putting on Fiat India page man"
    5 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Thanks. FIAT put it there. I just found a way to use it :D

BTW, post #184 might be a good start. Before that it is all my rants only :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This certainly deserves a dedicated thread. The topic is likely to get buried in a few days of inactivity (which is unlikely), in this already thirteen-pages thread. With "Cruise control" in the title,Google will definitely bring people to TFI. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wonderful to know that it works in MJD too. I think Amit will be faster than me. His may become second Linea and first MJD to be CCed in India. :D

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2