1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ The same. I think it it more like 2 kmph and not 5 mph.

It works exactly as described in the manual. Sad that FIAT removed this section from the Indian manual, but very happy they did not remove the code from ECU

Manual CC Page 1.JPG

Manual CC Page 2.JPG

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Project - Linea T-Jet Sport

I will start the project in my mjd just after the 2 year service which will be done in another 1/2 weeks. Of course with your assistance, Rajan. I am damn sure that I won't be able to succeed without your help. :)

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Any time buddy. I am sure we can wrap up the installation in your car in a couple of hours, as long as your ECU supports it :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  4. jet

jet Timido

bangalore
    Congratulations on completing the India's first T-Jet with Cruise Control
    1 person likes this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Cheers Sir, Awesome feeling to see it live. You are probably using needles in the connector now :evilsmile, They seem to be doing the job well. :D

Where does the speed start from when this is done. I assume it would start accelerating from the speed you are running at?

So, it does not remember the last set speed after a turn off???
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Correction. First Fiat in India with Cruise Control. :)

2 people like this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    A few people with MJD's already have the OBD scanner i guess, haven't anyone tested if the feature is available?

@Rajan, does the availability of the feature when scanned using OBD mean that the ECU has the relevant software or do we have to check out anything else?
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

I only have the Bluetooth version. Rajan made it clear that we need to use wired device. Need to source one or if anyone confirms this I will go ahead with further steps.

9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks buddy.

Thanks. No I am not using needles. Too risky and too many chances of sparking. I am not going to reveal how I got it working on a public forum, without the proper connector. Some day, when we meet, I will tell you :D

Though the CC can be set only for speeds above 40 kmph, and can be resumed only if you are above 40 kmph, ironically, even if you are doing 30 kmph and use the + control, the CC increases speed. I am still awestruck at the way it accelerates. IMHO, pedal to metal does not work with Drive by wire :D

No. If you switch off the control, it forgets the last stored speed. But as long as CC is switched on and you have not turned the engine off, it remembers and resumes, even if you have stopped and idled for sometime - say a bio-break on the highway.

I did think of claiming that title. Maybe I should ;)

Rajan

PS: I just did. Sorta :D
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    the manual pages posted above by you mention the same. it says CC can be used for speeds above 30 kmph.