1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Instead of relocation , you might consider something like this :

2pcs Red 14 SMD LED Arrow Panels for Car Mirror Turn Signal Indicator Light EP98 | eBay

Don't forget the chrome linings under the windows..maybe use black CF stickers throughout to replace chrome parts..
    1 person likes this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

For the tail lamps smoking, I would recommend the following, it is the right way to smoke the lamps, fellow member and friend 'Auto Freak' did up his erstwhile Beat's tail-lamps using this.

VHT Nite-Shades™
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the tips. The arrow panels sure look good.

I was thinking more in the lines of restricting CF to the interiors and Gloss Black to the exteriors. And, yes, I also want to cover up the chrome under the windows. For uniformity, I might actually put chrome along the top of the windows as well and the cover it with black (I am stupid :D)

Thanks man. Will be ordering this. Not that I really care, but why does the product description read - "For Off-road use only" ?

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Agreed , VHT Nite Shade seems to be the product of choice , but availability might be a problem in India

Chrome hating with a vengeance :-D ..here's a little something for your viewing "pleasure"..

original.jpg
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Sadistic, aren't you? :D :D

BTW, wouldn't this car be a nightmare for other road users in the nights? I mean, reflecting lights all over the place?

Rajan
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rajan,

I would suggest you drop the idea of "smoking" the tail lamps or the headlights. It really reduces the light intensity and is nothing but a safety hazard. But, like i said, it's a suggestion.

-Gloss black front grille + fog lamp surrounds.
    -complete chrome delete

Since your's is BNW Jet, i suggest you go for a elegantly sporty setup rather than a rice monster. I'm sure you know what a ricer is. Target elegant on the inside and sporty-ish on the outside. Because the Linea does not take kindly to any sort of overkill on it.

Are you comfortable with a brown leather interior?

Ditch the OEM alloys. Go aftermarket.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the advise Gurjinder. Coming from you, it means a lot to me. I somehow feel that all the chrome in the T-jet makes it almost a ricer :D

By our standards, it is already a fast car, so no remapping for now. Complete Chrome delete is definitely happening. Smoking the headlamp was a thought, to reduce the chrome there - except the functional areas, of course. Smoking the tail lamps was just to match. Will definitely give it a second thought.

By brown interiors, do you mean Tan? I was thinking of Jet black. Will surely look up for images of brown interiors. The hard part is the visualization. I have seen the Jet Black interiors of the Cruze and really like it. Since mine is BNW, I felt Jet Black interiors with an judicious use of CF and the occasional Red will look good. I do not have stock alloys. I was really interested to get alloys similar to the Linea Monte Bianco, but am unable to find them. The search is on. As a matter of fact, I would like most of the exterior mods to make mine look similar to the Linea Monte Bianco, which is where the smoking lights thought came from.

I hate the attitude of the Indian car manufacturers. Indians love chrome, so everyone gets chrome. The manufacturer thinks beige looks good, so every one gets beige. Wonder when the day will come when manufacturers will allow the buyers to customize the car, before ordering.

Thanks a lot. Please keep those thoughts flowing.

Rajan
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Roof, you can easily do a DIY. I prefer matte to glossy finish. Its your call. Check out http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/8068-diy-attempt-wrapping-roof-black.html

For side mirrors its difficult to do vinyl wrapping and I failed there miserably. So go for paint.

we are all hooked up to this thread, so start your DIY soon Rajan :)
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  10. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

if you have made up your mind on CF vinyl for interior, better stick with Matt finish. Glossy finish will leave so may scratch marks.