1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Neurosurgery is never done by Compounders or Neem Hakeems :p
    6 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Absolutely not. It is quite a challenge even for the brave. I have my professor, Mr. Mehta, in college to thank. He used to say - "If you are given an ax and an hour to chop a tree down, spend the first 45 minutes at least, sharpening the ax". I have been working on this for almost 2 months now, but picked up the screwdriver only 2 days back :D

Rajan
    15 people like this.
  3. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Nice words there PatchyBoy. ::T

Imagine the kind of satisfaction we get at the end of the day. Priceless!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT

Great Going Sir.

Dear Mods... How about changing his nickname from "PatchyBoy" to"Sir Patchy" ??? :)

Sir, I hope you wont mind at least me addressing you as "Sir Patchy" with great respect.

Hearty Wishes for many more successes to all your innovations and experiments.

Regards,

Neel
    5 people like this.
  5. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Rajan, This is an amazing effort and requires a tremendous amount of courage and determination. It is not easy to play around with such an expensive piece of equipment. Hats off to you . Respect !!
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    His Excellency Sir PatchyBoy the Great? ;)

On another note, when is the testing phase beginning? Hope there is a nice isolated road somewhere to test on.
    2 people like this.
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Somehow "Sir Patchyboy" does not sound good to me. I suggest "Sir Patch-alot" :D
    2 people like this.
  8. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    PatchyBoy reading your thread justnow. Hatsoff for such an amazing experimentation. Hope you succed in them!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    This is seriously amazing Patchyboy! The amount of research and work behind this DIY sure deserves a huge applause!
    Am glued to this thread. Can't wait to see your car cruising :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for all the appreciation guys. I am most comfortable being referred to as Rajan. PatchyBoy, is fine too. As posted in another thread, that was the nick given to me by my colleagues in Australia, as I was responsible for applying Hot-fixes and Patches on Enterprise servers. My handle has nothing to do with "Patch Work" :D. As a matter of fact, I hate patch work. Please do not add Sir, His Excellency, etc. I like to believe that the forum accepts me as I am :D

As for the final outcome and road test, as mentioned earlier, I am going to have to wait for those elusive MQS Female contact pins. My fault. Should have ordered that along with the CC stalk, as that has to come from the UK as well. I just assumed I can find it in SP Road. Assuming the shipment arrives during the course of next week, the road test will tentatively happen on 20th July. I am planning on using the Hosakote - Kolar stretch of the Old Madras Road. We can maybe plan a mini meet too, if there are takers, that is.

Bear with me till then. Alternately, I can start posting a "How To" and make it a running log, till the road test is done. What do you guys think?

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    6 people like this.