1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Re: Project - Linea T-Jet Sport

All the best for your mod. Let be the cruise control, I won't be amazed if you drive the car from an android phone like some james bond movie:D

tasting the Italian delight!
    3 people like this.
  2. nareshov

Hey, have you seen this version of the Linea manual?
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cruise, cruise and cruise....
    That's amazing, all the best for your rest of DIY.
    I'm off to tirupati 2000 kms ride in my garuda vahanam .Will miss the cruise control. Govinda govinda.. ...
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Good going rajan, Indeed a comandable effort.
    I think you would also need the clutch switch for cruise control, something like this

source: Switch, clutch control from Metzger - 0911067

or this one

I think cruise control option is only available in Tjet and not Fire and MJD
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Come to think of it, you might want to do this first, before opening up and playing around with the ECU connector.

Continuing from where I left off-

If the MID does not read anything, turn the key off and disconnect the 12 V supply to the ECU pin. Find a friend / neighborhood garage, who have access to FIATECUSCAN or MULTIECUSCAN software and a CABLED OBDII scanner. This process will not work with a Bluetooth connection.

Connect to the OBD port on your car, turn key to MAR and fire up the software.

First step:

Choose your vehicle and connect to Dashboard Module, Marelli Instrument Panel, go to the tab that reads "Actuators", scroll down to Cruise Control and click Execute. A small green light should come on in the bottom left of the Console.

CC Light.jpg

If it does, it just means the LED is already soldered in your console, not that you have Cruise Control preprogrammed. Now disconnect from the module, go back to the main menu and select STILO 1.9 JTD as your car and connect to Body - CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure.

You will get this pop up

Click Y, select the adjustments tab. The very first option should be Cruise Control Light. Select that and click Execute. You will get another pop up. Choose enabled and click OK. From the same screen select PROXI ALIGNMENT PROCEDURE - the last item and execute. You will get 2 pop ups, one asking you to read all the notes and another as pictured earlier, saying the vehicle is properly configured. Click Y on both, let the process finish.

Once you are done, refer previous post, connect the relevant Pin in the ecu (Easy way, strip insulation, thread into a sewing needle and stick the needle into the slot of your pin that you need to connect to). Your car should now say "Cruise Control On"

If any of the steps above do not work, then, bad luck - FIAT removed the code that Cruise Control functionality uses from your ECU.

Warning - Count and count again, before connecting to the pin. 12V to the wrong pin might fry the ECU. Also remember, I am only explaining what I did. If you choose to do the same with unexpected / disastrous results, you are responsible. I am not. You are playing with the car's neural electronics. So, tread carefully.

Extra warning for 1.4 FIRE owners - The circuit diagram that I used says "1.4 8V". Yours is 16 V, so I cannot be sure if your pin number is correct.

Additional Information - In the first screen grab posted in this picture, there is an option to disable seat belt warning in the adjustment tab. DO NOT DISABLE IT. Firstly, it is a good habit to wear seat belt and it is nice to be reminded to do so. Secondly, I know of one person who tried this - the warning alarm does not buzz anymore, but the speedo does not cross 20, no matter how fast he goes.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    11 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Re: Project - Linea T-Jet Sport

Any reason why we would need a cabled OBD2 scanner?

Currently I have only the Bluetooth version. :)

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

@Ramesh - PROXI ALIGNMENT works only with a cabled connector, as BT does not provide a reliable connection for writing. It is only good enough for reading.

2 people like this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Clutch switch is already there in our cars.

1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Thanks for confirming that Gurjinder. Here it is

Clutch Switch.jpg

4 people like this.
  10. This procedure not for faint hearted for sure.