1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Like the yanks say in their South - I'LL BE DAMNED!

Hats off to you my good sir.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    By the way Rajan, i had read your posts on the other site asking for license for software ;)

I have the full version. Let me know if you require it
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the offer, buddy. Which version? I have a licensed version of FiatEcuScan 3.4.2 ;), which was released after my car was manufactured, so that works great. I might be interested if you have a later version though.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    I have the same. Dont have the multiecu scan ones. Anyways the version which you have has all the functions which you require.

Did your TJET have the the connector already below the combi switch? I think this code isnt there in the MJD version. Do you have any info on the MJD as well
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No Sir. No connector. As a matter of fact, I have not even opened the steering column yet, to check. I checked the ECU, pins had yellow blanks, so it was obvious that my car was non-predisposed ( that is what Google Uncle (translated from a Polish post :D) said in a Russian post). I love Google, but the translation is really really bad.

This is a sample of translation from Russian - "Damn, he was sitting reading, funny, and then it was no laughing matter". I am so glad it was not a technical post.

Rajan
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune

Hmm, you did a great job by laying down new wire ;) How much did the CC stalk cost? The ECU on tjet are direct imports with the engine. I am wondering if there is the code inbuilt in the MJD ecu.

Also the signals for brake pedal and clutch pedals are already there in all the ECUs, so you need not worry about that at all. Did u come accross one for MJD ?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Sent you a PM

Rajan
  8. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    Exciting thread. One of a kind mod being done here. Waiting for final result.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Everyone better get tubs of popcorn and kegs of coke. The outcome is eagerly awaited.
    4 people like this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Alright people. Don't listen to Gurjinder - you are going to either run out of popcorn/coke or put on a lot of weight.

First things first - DISCLAIMERS

Technical

1. If you try this and render your car inoperable / burnt to ashes / worthless piece of junk - you are responsible, I am not
    2. If your car is in warranty and you do not want to lose it, stop reading and go back to Activity Stream
    3. This post is exclusively for Linea Owners. Punto owners, sorry, you have to wait.

Political

1. I love Google and know how to use it
    2. Smartass comments are very welcome, just don't get too personal. I have spent a lot of time, energy and money on this

In this post, i am only going to answer one basic question - Can this be done in my car? I am going to try to explain how to find out.

The Assumption -

All Lineas should use the same software in the ECU. It is too expensive for the manufacturer to maintain multiple versions for multiple markets.

Now to the process:

Step 1. Open your bonnet, disconnect battery negative terminal and locate this. It must be just behind the engine, on the firewall, bang in the middle:

DSC00042.JPG

The one on the left is what we are interested in. Pull the yellow tab out (in the opposite direction to what the arrow points) and pull the flap (the one with two rectangular slots) up, again in the opposite direction to what the arrow points. This will release the connector. After this, this is how it will look:

WP_000396.jpg

Now turn the connector over and remove the lid, like this:

Connector lid.JPG

Marked in green is the lid and marked in Red is the release catch. Once the catch is released, the lid just slides out. Once the lid is removed, count and identify the pin as per the variant of Linea you own:

1.4 FIRE - 33
    1.3 MJD - 20
    1.4 T-Jet - 85

Please observe picture 2. The large pins on the left are 1 to 6. The pins on the top row are 7 to 28, second row are 29 - 50, third are 51 to 72 and the last row is 73 to 94 all counted left to right. Once you have identified which pin pertains to the model you own, pass a very thin wire / needle, through and identify the other side. Mark is as you think appropriate, remove the wire / needle and put the connector back in its place. Do not put the lid back yet.

Now connect the battery back. Connect your identified pin with a 12 V supply, with a 330 Ohm resistor in between. Now insert your key and turn to MAR. If the Cruise Control light comes on and the MID reads "Cruise Control On", you car is ready. If it does not, do not fret. There is an additional step. I will explain that in the next post.

Thanks,

Rajan
    20 people like this.