1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    May be little premature to ask but, couldn't resist myself. This should be possible with MJD too right? :)
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am not so sure either. Would depend on the version of the software your ecu runs. I have evolved a simple test to check feasibility. Will document and share soon.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  3. Rajan,
    These days i open your thread only when i have atleast 30 minutes to dedicate to go through.
    Man your finding is incredible feat.waiting to see Tjet running on cruise control.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you. None of these are my findings. It has all been found by others and has been posted across the globe. While there is an off chance that mine is probably the first Linea to have this feature in India, I am not the first to actually do this. I will share a lot of details and sources, when I post the "How To"

Everyone - While this may not be conclusive proof of feasibility, this is what set me thinking, to start with.

CC Spot.jpg

See the elongated piece of plastic covering the headlights / turn indicator stalk? Why would that be in place, unless there is a variant with Cruise Control as an option? Also, given that we have Drive by Wire, it would just be software which would receive signals and give appropriate commands to the car, assuming that the manufacturer would not maintain separate software versions for different variants, would it not be possible to add this as a retrofit? That is how it started.

Rajan
    7 people like this.
  5. What about sensors or swithes required to sense clutch and brake pedal.
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Wonder what other easter eggs Fiat's have - waiting to be unlocked :D
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ESP?? Maybe ;)

Rajan
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet

I am tempted to read too much into that wink :D
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Don't :D

The "Electronic" in ESP is what is making me think, and ATM, I am doing just that - thinking. Let me first get the CC complete and road tested.

This bit in the manual is still bugging me:

Note.JPG

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

More than happy to be your assitant for these projects :)