1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Linea T-Jet Sport : Cruise Control now active!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    let me just say 1 think then.
    There looks to be only 2 threads that are simply amazing.
    J Ravi's Logs
    Patchboy's DIYs

Amazing . I translated the whole thing in the thread you've posted and read it. Just waiting for more on this!!
    Now i know where to go to get cruise control on my punto :)
    2 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the kind words everybody. There is going to some wait before I can actually do a road test. Primarily, the connector required for establishing the connection with the ECU has not yet arrived. I cannot do the road test before that.

Secondly, I am scheduled to go to the dentist tomorrow and again on Saturday to complete the implant process. It might take a couple more weekends before I can actually post a video of the CC in action.

@Raj29 - I am yet to even get started on the actual mod. You are most welcome to drop by and be a witness (assistant!!! :D). Will keep you posted on when I will be doing that. So far, all that was done was only research and testing.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Hats Off Patchyboy!! wish I could give 100 likes to that post with Pictures 'Cruise Control ON' :) Superb!
  4. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Great effort there Patchyboy, It was prasanna who started that thread and he did mention the same to me in one of the Hyderabad meets. Taking that as an inspiration, I search for the parts but at that time, But I just couldn't source them all.

Do keep us posted once you got this configured. Once again, outstanding effort.
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    All the very best Rajan. Sincerely hope it works.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Wow , this is an awesome mod. I simply love these kind of unique mods which add value to the car. So whats the update? is the stalk working independently? is the ECU holding up the signals?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. The stalk works fine. Problem is the connector to the ECU. I searched high and low all over Bangalore, but could not find it. I did a jugaad connection and the system works as expected, but did not have the guts to do any extensive testing, with a connection that could pop out any time. Finally found a source and have ordered the connector, likely to take 3-4 days to arrive.

I will certainly be posting updates and a detailed how to, post that.

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

Great. i was under the impression that it would need connection to body computer as well. Can you post the connection diagram. If it does then you would require proxy alignment too.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Here you go buddy. The Linea does not need a connection to the BCM. The Punto does. This diagram is for the T-Jet. The pins are different for other variants.

Circuit Diagram.JPG

I can always do a Proxi Alignment. I have the necessary hardware / software. Even in this case, though the stalk starts working the moment it is connected, there is no way of activating the dash / MID display. One has to choose a different model, activate and do a proxi alignment.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Simply incredible dude.... :)