1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project KA and MH

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by livelyyoungman, Jul 7, 2014.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3

I am planning to do this trip by car sometime August end. My family would be accompanying me.

Chennai - Bangalore - Mangalore - Udupi - Gokarna - Mumbai - Hampi/Hubli - Bangalore - Chennai

Need help on the following:

1. Road/Traffic conditions good/bad.
    2. Alternate route (if any)
    2. Good hotels
    3. Likely travel time (of course this is subjective)

1. Chennai - Udupi (Day 1)
    Take the Chennai Banglaore route, then ORR (Nice Road) and then head towards Shiradi ghats down to Mangalore and then proceed towards Upupi. MMI says distance of 750 kms. Believe should be able to cover this in 12 hours. Stay there

2. Udupi - Gokarna (Day 3)
    Take NH17 and visit Gokarna. Stay there overnight)

3. Gokarna - Mumbai (Day 4/5):
    Take NH17 (only NH17 for the picturesque drive) and proceed towards Goa, Ratnagiri, Mahabaleshwar and reach Mumbai.

4. Mumbai - Hubli/Hampi:
    This travel is on but days not known as of time. Travel by Nh4.

5. Hampi - Banglaore/Chennai
    Same NH4 and down towards Chennai.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Awesome. Is this a weeks plan? I would say that you can skip Mumbai and stay in Goa for a day or two. Or even you can plan for the Kaas Valley as well.

You need not get into Mumbai traffic unless you need to go to Mumbai. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I think it might take little more time, this thread might help you a bit - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-travel-experience/5733-bangalore-mangalore-udupi-bangalore.html

And Tbhp has full fledged details on Bangalore - Mangalore route.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Right. It may take more time for him to reach Udupi. I have driven upto Hassan from Bangalore (Bangalore-Neelamangala-Channarayapatna-Hassan) and the roads are very good.

Why not drive to Bangalore the previous evening and stay for the night? You can start early from Bangalore and reach Udupi before Sun sets. :)
  5. Sumit Arora

Sumit Arora Timido

Hi Friend,

My intension is not to scare you however while traveling in and out of Bangalore please make sure you have your hotel, fuel and toll bills handy with you. Bangalore RTO's are experts in harassing ppl.

By all mean you should be in a situation to convince them that you are on a trip.

As per the new law any outside state registered vehicle plying in Bangalore for more than 30 days has to pay lifetime road tax and you have to prove the same. Above mentioned list will help you justify your stay in Bangalore.

Enjoy your journey and be safe.