1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Project Grande Punto Sporte

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by Nimish antony, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    The project is a 90 HP sport: now read on……….

The search for the prefect hatchback had come to an end with the launch of the 90HP Punto.
    The linear geometric turbo paved way for the variable with the introduction of the 90 HP. I would not be elaborating on the purchase and eagerness to buy as we all have been equally enthusiastic about the Italian beauty. The pros and cons of the vehicle have been discussed innumerable times. Starting on a clean slate I had to stretch my budget for the most expensive punto. Modifying the distinctive clean-cut styling by Giorgetto Giugiaro was unheard of in the Indian arena. The man who was named Car Designer of the Century 1999 and inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame in 2002 needs no introduction to us. So work had to start to alter changes from the best production Italia design available in India. Modifying the gorgeous Italian design is a herculean task and you could end up being the laughing stock.
    Still efforts rose to take a simple and clean module to develop a 90HP sport that fiat had teased us with.
    I started with the interiors. It had to look distinct and afresh. Sparco was the end choice. Went on to change the pedals, gear knobs, floor mats, wipers, seat covers and hand brake cover with sparco progetto corsa.
    The dash was further enhanced with mapmyindia S650 GPS which spiced up the orange lit cabin. I did go for a blue lit led light for in cabin lighting. P4 HIDs for better road lighting.
    Now the interiors got the sport experience for the visual eye. But I was afraid on the OE music system as our fiat sourced system has got a crappy sound output.
    Maximum output from the existing HU was the module for up gradation as I did not want to tamper with the Blue and Me. Was told that once the adaptors are available in UK then I might think of Double Din Alpine HU. Focal was my end choice for speakers and I went for the following upgrades with my stock HU.
    Focal Component Polyglass front
    Focal Co Axial Rear
    Focal Subwoofer
    Focal Amp
    The end result is great. A digital signal processor is in the anvil as my quest for the ultimate sound machine does not suffice.
    The interiors got pimped up but the exteriors were still a bit tough to finalize.
    Tire and alloys were already gorgeous and I had to find a better pattern to replace the OE spec.
    The most difficult thing was to source a 98 PCD alloys for the beauty and I wanted to go for a 17 incher ala sport. After 6 months of hunting and discussions with various techies in the market I managed to source a BBS inspired design. Tires are Nexen 215/45/17 sport tyres .
    The grille has been changed to Chrome mesh(Skoda Milotec design) retaining the OE Red Fiat Logo.
    The roof has gone for synthetic vinyl gloss finish. A ham antenna was added and the entire back logos were debagged retaining 90Hp logo powder coated in Ferrari red. The fiat OE chrome exhaust tip was added to keep the lines flowing. The Front headlamps, Brake pads, rear disc, front grille, fog lamp enclosure and rear view covers got the hyper silver treatment from the regular matte black. Brembo brake caliper kit coming soon.
    Stage 2 engine mods coming after the second service.
    This is how it has been planned.
    Custom codes remap to 110 BHP, Bilstien B14 suspension adjustable with H& R lowering springs, K&N filters and Tarox brakes are in for the second stage of modifications.
    A totally new re designed bumper ala Abarth with lip grille is on the anvil as I have increased the clearance after my tire upgrade. So take a look and I’m expecting your comments.

edited4.jpg

22.JPG

photo.JPG

RSCN0273.jpg

photo2.JPG

punto edited back.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Fantastic man......

I am interested to buy Front Grill. Can you please provide me some details..

Where are you from?
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Last one tempting me to break my laptop screen and jump in to your car for that drivers seat position.Great look.The gear knob is sporty. Never seen it any modified Punto.
    Will the perfume affect the visibility, since it is very close to glass ? Also personally I am against in keeping it there because it can hit the passengers in a sudden break or collision.Just a suggestion.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Nice:)
    Amazing set of wheels,what brand are they and 98 PCD?
    Everything looks great-apart from that rear antenna which i feel is sticking out like a sore thumb.
    If not of any practical use,get rid of it and get a shark fin one.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    NImish,,
    its so much neat,clean and classic.... loved it..
    Gr8 selection of tires with alloys....
  6. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    im from cochin. u cant buy the front grille u have to make it

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

thanks for ur comment.. well the perfume does not affect visibility as such. its stuck to the dash and i dont think it would peel off unless u work on it

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

its a Ham antenna that i have used.. the source below from wikipedia explains it.
    Amateur radio (also called ham radio) is the use of designated radio frequency spectrum for purposes of private recreation, non-commercial exchange of messages, wireless experimentation, self-training, and emergency communication. The term "amateur" is used to specify persons interested in radio technique solely with a personal aim and without pecuniary interest, and to differentiate it from commercial broadcasting, public safety (such as police and fire), or professional two-way radio services (such as maritime, aviation, taxis, etc.).

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

thanks buddy.. i wanted to keep it simple yet elegant and different. so did not go for heavy mods
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    undoubtedly kerala roads is having the best looking punto(s) in the country.... a couple of others are also in the making , all of which will turn on anybody going near it ;) :D.
    All mods are very well executed. The sparcos look real good man, need more pics of each of them. Amber colour LED lighting in the interior would have gone much better in creating 'that' special ambience. black ORVMs go very well with the overall look, i think you have to get rid of that chrome handles to body colour( personal choice). Slightly smoked tail lamps(not dark) would also go well with the overall black ing theme.(refer the silver punto in the below link for ref).
    A good subtle spoiler is very much needed for this HOT ride. till date, i havent seen a sporty spoiler for punto in india so far. the best ones are the OE ones or the one which vignesh has.... i d also love to get it soon.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-accessories/3336-spoiler-oem-aftermarket-3.html .
    I think you can get rid of that OE antenna in the front.. too many projections in it :D.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Perfect mods . I can see that you have done a pretty good technical background work & you have taken much pain to find out the best available pars for your Punto. Your hard work really shows. :up.
  9. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    i do agree that kerala is going to have the best looking punto(s) in the country. Heavily modded ones are in the offing and we can expect them to hit the roads by the end of this month. I do agree with the lighting and it gonna be looked into. I have retained the chrome in the handles. I didnt want black ORVMs as i had it in my previous car. Tail lights need to be looked into as said i wanted to keep it subtle and working on a design. OE spoilers would be added but unfortunately its not available in any showrooms across kerala. The OE antenna will be shelved with a subtle one.. :)

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Thanks Cinju. Its that i was following the entire GP from the time of its global launch and did an extensive research how to spice up the indian version. I would say im blessed with a couple of technically sound mates who gave me more ideas to work on and a sound design team who could transform dreams to reality.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Nimish.. nice work.. i loved the shoes... how much did they cost.........

i wish i had bought the 90hp...