1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Prodiesel Chip for enhanced performance

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Nilesh Vedi, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Nilesh Vedi

Nilesh Vedi Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,
    Its been a year since I own a Linea 1.3 MJD, and for the past few months have been wanting to increase the performance of my car. Performance to means better pickup and acceleration especially on the highways and better overtakes both in the city and out on the open road.

I recently came across a Pro Diesel Chip for Linea and Punto, which promises to enhance the performance of the car from 90 BHP to 105 BHP, offering enhanced pick up and acceleration as well as fuel economy. Here's the link: http://www.prodieselchip.in/diesel-chip-tuning/fiat/linea-jtd/929.html

Before I go ahead with this, I seek advise from members of this forum...

- Whether someone has already installed this and if so, does it work like it says.
    - Would this installation have an impact on my engine (I mean effects that would wear/tear the engine)
    - Since, mine is a relatively new car, and I have an extended warranty up to 2019; would this be affected.

These may be a bit too many questions for a first post on this forum, but I would really appreciate any feedback and response from all.

Thanks.
    Nilesh

linea-jtd.jpg.png
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Do they have any sales/service center in Mumbai ? Who will fit this chip into the car ?
  3. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    This is what the website says"
    "
    Gets rid of those annoying flat acceleration spots in your Fiat Linea JTD and reduces the effect of diesel turbo lag for a more enjoyable and smoother drive, with longer performance power band.

Gain improved urban MPG by tuning the diesel engine's natural high torque output, allowing use of higher gears at much lower revs than as standard for better overall fuel economy.

Tuning the diesel engine’s performance in the low to medium rev range also allows better power delivery for easier towing of caravans and/or trailers.

The chip tuning unit does not overwrite or alter any settings in the ECU so your Fiat Linea JTD returns to factory standard once removed, as a result, and unlike a remap, the effect of the diesel tuning chip cannot be wiped or detected by Fiat main dealer service intervals.

Fully adjustable with 16 power maps, our chip tuning unit comes pre-set to boost your Fiat Linea JTD's performance & economy whilst allowing you to optimise the chip tuning unit's setting to suit your driving style.

Our easy to follow instruction guide takes you through the process of how identify the fuel rail and correct sensor to fit the chip tuning unit to.

Compatible with both manual or automatic gearboxes in Fiat Linea JTD diesel models.

After fitting your Fiat Linea JTD engine remains fully compliant with vehicle emission test standards, so suitable for Fiat Linea JTD engines fitted with diesel particulate filters (DPF/FAP).

We don’t cut corners on build quality, each of our chip tuning units is manufactured and tested to stringent ISO 9001 quality assurance standards.

The safe alternative to the minefield of remapping, our DIY install diesel chip tuning unit provides excellent performance increases as well as impressive fuel economy gains for the careful driver.

Whether you're after better performance or more fuel economy, it's the ultimate accessory for your Fiat Linea JTD.
    "
    Looks like it is a DIY
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 11, 2015 ---
    This one is for Punto 75 BHP http://www.prodieselchip.in/diesel-chip-tuning/fiat/punto-jtd/944.html
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  4. Nilesh Vedi

Nilesh Vedi Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Vinit, doesn't seem to be any sale/service in Mumbai/India. However, it seems to be a DIY job.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 11, 2015 ---
    Hi Dhruv,

You're right about the DIY. And although the website does say all that you've quoted, I was just double checking if anyone has actually gone ahead and done this...

That said, i came across DrakeBox Monza for the Linea and the Punto - http://www.drakebox.co.uk/chip-tuni...13-m-jet-90-hp-200-nm-drakebox-monza-485.html

And this seems to be a bit more reliable, after researching a bit more off the internet. Have posted a couple of questions on the DrakeBox website, and am waiting for their reply.

Will keep this thread updated with further info, as and when I receive it. But, DrakeBox Monza seems to be a go... go... option, once I receive their reply.

Thanks again for replying.

Nilesh
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Nilesh Vedi : Many TFIians feel that its better to get the re-mapped instead of adding a tuning box. The tuning box, just fools the ECU and pumps more fuel into the system, which also has some side effects. Remapping is supposedly a safer and a more substantial proposition. If money is a deterrent, then please check Viezu remap, thats available in Bangalore, Pune and other cities as well. Its quite cheap as well when compared to other competitors, and gains are modest and more realistic.

Prodieselchip quotes that the torque would increase to 257 Nm, but in reality, the present gearbox that comes in Punto/Linea, cant take more than 210-215 Nm. if 257 Nm of torque would have been possible, I am sure the Abarth Punto would have had a torque of more than 212 Nm.

Maybe, these figures are for the UK spec Punto/Linea that has the updated gearbox, which is yet to be released in India and can handle torque upto 360 Nm.
    Masum Reza and rajks like this.
  6. Nilesh Vedi

Nilesh Vedi Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    thanks for the advice @Turbothinghy. This is the type of feedback I was seeking. I'm a newbie with the remapping thing, and don't know of anyone in mumbai who'd do this kind of job, or has done this on a Fiat. Would really appreciate if you could share some reliable contacts.

appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson is the right person to share the remapping options in Mumbai. From what I know, Pete's can be an option. There are other good options like Code6 and Wolf but they arent based out of Mumbai.
  8. Nilesh Vedi

Nilesh Vedi Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks a lot @Turbothinghy; I will check out Pete's and also connect with @asimpleson as needed.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Nilesh Vedi popular tuners are there in Mumbai. Most give satisfactory tunes to customers. But if experts on this forum and popularity is to be considered then wolf remap is best esp. for switchable remaps on mjd. Apart from that I think I can see Tune-o-Tronics as another option. Both are not from Mumbai. Wolf guy/s visit Mumbai Pune on occasions also regularly in ways to give support to users of their maps. A visit is soon planned. Please contact @fernandeskaran. PM him for details of visit.
  10. Nilesh Vedi

Nilesh Vedi Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson thanks for the feedback and info. I'll connect with him. I contacted Pete's today, and they've given me a quote and a contact in Mumbai. Will evaluate all options before going ahead with it.
    thanks again.