1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Procedure For Painting a Car

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by moksh, Oct 1, 2013.

1. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Guys
    I Would like to paint my linea from silver to medium grey
    can anyone tell me the rto procedure and if possible which brand colour does fiat use
    If anyone knows rto fees please mention
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Check the legalities of this procedure firstly.

It's not really necessary to get the same brand which FIAT uses. Just get any good brand - Dupont / ICI etc. I got the Palio repainted in Toyota's "Grey Mica Metallic" and it was a 100% match. The computer told the values of the tints required to be mixed and those were mixed by hand.

Bear in mind, changing car color is a very labour intensive process and almost all of the car will have to be dismantled and the resulting depreciation. Might be better to sell the current car and purchase a MediumGrey Linea.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    As far i know, the RTO procedure for amending the color is no different to changing spell mistakes etc. however, it will require prior arrangement with RTO and an agent who can assist !!

Next steps, post change to car color, ensure the vehicle gets inspected by concerned rto inspector, pay the fees, get the corrected documents. Here again you will need assistance of an agent !!

PS : agent could be peon as well ;)
    1 person likes this.
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Gurjinder For the reply ....But as I have Decided to keep this car as long as i can .....I have no plans to sell this car as it is in very good condition ......Can you Name some more good Brands
    cubbie If you know Can you tell me the rto fees + agent fees
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    RTO fee and such would vary based on the state you live in but in general these are all under the table business only.
    Which means, Govt charges + under the table charges.
    (So no one can give you the correct picture)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If your RC mentions M-grey like mine,then you do not need to change anything:)
    Minimal grey/Medium grey both stand for M-grey.
    But repainting to a new color would involve stripping the whole vehicle.
    I would recommend that you go for a wrap job.
    You can have a choice of various colors,and remove it in future when you plan to sell the vehicle.:):)
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    If you have strongly decided to change the colour of your car, why not go for some colour that is exclusive for Linea? Say, Exotica Red. :up
    2 people like this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    actually i was about to say the same , why not make your linea truly one of a kind by painting something that isn't on any linea?
    Im thinking of painting my punto either bottle green or lambo orange with jet black alloys and a smoked head/tail lamp.
    That would look too good on a punto
  9. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Problem Solved Thanks Akshay4384
    As you said Is the Same Way in my RC Card (M Grey) Mine Is Minimal Grey and Want To switch to Medium Grey so M Grey is common
    Paisa Bach Gaya :-D:-D
    Now Come To another Point
    the Black and n kiran
    some sexy shininy colour(bronzo scuro,tuscan wine) i can put can you suggest ,as its not totally my personal car even my dad uses it so can't change colour to red green yellow orange or something like that
    something new like bronzo scuro,tuscan wine these colour looks cool and diffrent from other cars
    Please suggest me some new
    Thanks All
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Moksh, how about electric blue?
    1 person likes this.