1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Problems with my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Prasham, Jun 8, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ha Ha ha. I faced exactly the same thing for the same door at very beginning. Every time I went to TASS, I shown it to them. And they looked at me like I've come from Mars & am an ET species :mrgreen: Then I just forgot about it & got on with life ::D
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    1.it seems nobody has resolved the rear tyre thud noise issue.
    let me try my experience...
    the thud is due to fast action of suspension springing back to original longest possible position. and it happens whenever tyres get a chance to be over sharp edged pothole or steep bumps and such surfaces. but they happen only when rear part is not loaded and it keeps happening and we have to live with it.(probably a design fault).previously i thought it was spare wheel cover or parcel tray which was rocking, but after several trial and errors and experiments i figured the culprit. unfortunately it is annoying and fortunately it is due to those amazing suspension which makes punto class ahead from rest of the crowd. tweaking it would make you mess up with original quality ride.
    2.fiat cannot be forgiven for poor fitting plastic making overall looks of otherwise great car compared with waste baskets. yes!! those panel gaps, component mismatch would require least kind of effort yet they are taking us customers for granted i feel skeptical probably tata personals must be messing it up.
    3.ac issues can happen due to several factors. in a car like 1.4 fire it has a powerful engine and powerful ac too. if there is duct leakage (thermal leaks due to failure of insulations) cooling would be very bad ,if there is some kind of fixing issues like ac vent not properly fixed to the ac fan considerable amount cool air would be lost again creating cooling issues. similarly other technical problems like gas leakage ,coolant pressure also contribute significantly.
    to rectify such ac issues you need to have good reliable service engineers those whom understands what we exactly mean( authorized service centers may be filled with goons). changing pollen filters and refilling gas wont help at all . so only hope is find another service center or find a reliable person who knows how to fix car ac's.
    we cannot fully blame these kind of niggles to fiat or company as it is kind of failure at personnel levels (quality control failures)maybe the guy was thinking about his family problems while inspecting the car. but fiat should respond to customers calls and take action immediately to resolve. (but it seems sometimes fiat fails in that field also )
    i too had some niggles initially (and most of the car would have but only some people dare to say openly) all i need was little bit of time and a screwdriver and viola my punto is one fantastic car.it may not be everyones cup of tea but that is how world is. even bmw and benz cars have service centers ,customer help desk and et all, same as any small car.
  3. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    As I said in another thread, India is not an exception for these Fiat Quality issues as far as GPs are concerned. Reproduced the UK car review feedback from whatcar.com

FIAT GRANDE PUNTO HATCHBACK REVIEW

1.2 Active 3dr
    Fran Suarez , Cheshire . Date: 15/07/2010
    Overall verdict 1 out of 5 stars
    What's it like to drive 3 out of 5 stars
    Running costs 4 out of 5 stars
    Quality, practicality and equipment 1 out of 5 stars
    Average MPG 45
    My car
    I bought this car about two years ago.It still only has 20k on the clock. From the start this car has been a nightmare. Great to drive when it works well which in all honestly is not often. The car has suffered from knocks and squeaks to actually braking down on the motorway three times! I bought it from new and since then it has had 2 drive shafts, 3 drop links, 2 EGR valves and one cleaned out before replaced, new electric window switch on the passenger side. horn connections re greased as horn stopped working, knocking noise from front suspension looked at twice no idea what they did (do not provide you with paperwork reassuringly!) Creaking from the rear suspension three times solved and now just starting again! Blue and me flashed 3 times and still not better. The radiator replaced and thermostat housing something replaced aswell? A loose clip on the engine pipes replaced and a phantom fault which tells me the engine temp to high when the car has been off all night on start up??? Service? Spoke to FIAT who say speak to finance company FGA a questionnaire later and then passed onto dealership who says seen worse and so long as they keep fixing faults they are doing there bit and providing good service! Really? Not what I expected from a new car! Seriously do yourself a favour stay clear of this nightmare and I'm not the only one this is not a one off I wish I checked it out first!
    :cry: